Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Casio

Old Mar 31, 2007, 8:57 PM   #1

I haved the Casio EX-Z50 for about 1 1/2 years and not used too frequently. Recently I attempted to use it and I was not able to turn the power on in the camera. Thinking that the battery is dead I placed the camera in the charging cradle and I noticed that the light indicator on the charger is blinking, whih told me that the battery may not be taking the charge. I bought a new battery and same occured. While the battery is in the cradle I pressed the photo button andthe camera screen went on and the pictures from the memory card started appearing. By takingthe camera off the cradle, thescreen wasturned off and the camera still woulod not turn on. Has anyone experienced similar. Is it possible that the charger/cradle is mulfunctioning or is it the camera and what could be the problem?
kbaruch is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Apr 1, 2007, 9:01 AM   #2

Use a pencil eraser and clean off the battery contacts in the camera. If that doesn't help I would glue some fine emery cloth to the eraser and clean them with that. Be careful to not bend them. With a new battery giving the same indications it isn't likely to be the contact points on the battery, but clean them anyway with an eraser.

I suppose you have switched back and fourth a few times from connect to charge on the cradle. Other than give Casio support a call I can't think of anything else to suggest.

slipe is offline   Reply With Quote