Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Casio

Old Apr 22, 2008, 4:14 PM   #1

Hello All,

I am not new to this website and have learned alot from being a member here for about four years. I have had various cameras and shoot mostly dSLR. I wanted a camera with features like this one I have now and can say that I am happy with the purchase. I have found myself enjoying street photography more and more but it is a hassle at times to bring all my gear with me and lug it around in the city. This camera affords me to move about more comfortably and not seem as intrusive with my dSLR.

Here are some thumbnails to click on. I only resized and sharpened before uploading to photobucket.

The first two are an example of wide to full telephoto with this camera.

I have dabbled with it for a couple of days only and so far am really pleased with the results this camera can deliver. It is a plus to not have an extending lens and it takes a bit of getting used to for me to use the LCD screen for shooting. Also, the lens and my left hand had a time of it at the start but I have adapted to it and don't find it to be all that bad. After all, it is a unique camera and the features are quite impressive. Not everything works well but what I have found that does is more than what I had expected from this. This camera is in a class of its own as I see it. No need to compare with my dSLR as it is not a dSLR.

For me, I have found the ultimate in grab and go camera which takes very good video as well.

It seems that this model is scarce and hard to find anymore and frankly I don't know why. I was fortunate to see a display model for sale and asked if there were any new ones in the box for the same price. Lo and behold if you don't ask you won't know. The salesperson said if he found one he would sell it to me for the display price. My luck, one in stock. I got it and well I will post more when time permits.

vIZnquest is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old May 3, 2008, 1:34 PM   #2

Hello, can youupload some 848x480 videos using www.megaupload.com ? Possibly also some at 640x480 ? Using the best settings for quality.
steph_tsf is offline   Reply With Quote