Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Casio

Old Oct 11, 2003, 4:03 AM   #1
Default picture quality on Z4

I have had the Z4 for about 1 week and one thing I have noticed is that the pictures are a bit out of focus or appear very soft. I have to sharpen all the images on a photo editor before they are acceptable. Compare this to Kodak DX3600 which takes pin sharp pictures on a lower setting and is only 2MP,

Any comments on the picture quality?
dockhurram is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Feb 12, 2004, 1:47 AM   #2

I just returned a Canon SD-100 today.....I had it a week and took hundreds of photos with it. I was dissapointed in that camera.....my 2yr old 3.0 MP Olympus D550 was blowing it out of the water with detail and clarity of the pics.

FIgured I'd try the EX-Z4u. I got the last one avail, it was a return, so the box was already ripped open. It had the blue tint on my first few pics. I flashed to the 1.02 firmware and all got better.

This camera is taking VERY NICE detailed shots now. It is at least on par if not better than my Olympus D550 and much better than the SD-100 pics......

The only thing notice is that u see movement on the LCD screen....even while looking at the pics already taken in memory. U can see some very faint lines or waves moving across the screen as you change from pic to pic. It's only when u first switch screens to the new pic, so only a half a sec or so, then it looks OK. Not sure if this is normal or not. Seems the Z4's 2" view screen is a TFT Active Matrix screen....so it's much like a computer monitor or TV, so this might be normal.

Pic quality thou is quite good.

Tarl is offline   Reply With Quote