Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Casio

Old Oct 19, 2003, 8:17 AM   #1
Default QV-R4 v\s QV-R40 v\s EX-Z4

i dont care bout the price , manual control , etc . my main concern is the IMAGE QUALITY ---- mainly indoor pics and sometimes outdoor
ppl plz reply soon
aman is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Nov 9, 2003, 6:12 PM   #2

I have the QV-R40 - not tried the others (although I think the QV-R4 is the older one of the R40) and I am very happy with the image quality.
ralphuk100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 9, 2003, 9:02 PM   #3

Reading the specs on the 2 cameras Qr40 and the Z4 I think the q40 will give a better quaity picture.

reason is the QV-R40 has a ccd that is 1/1/8" and the Z4 has a smaller CCD of 1/2/5" Which would give a slightly noiser picture
IMO as the 4mps will be more densely fitted into the smaller space.

I f you check some of the 5mp camera specs you will see that they have the 1/1/8" size ccd and checking the 4mps cameras most have the 1/2/5" except for the canon s400 and the casio qv-r40.
rsquiggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 29, 2003, 3:07 AM   #4

I am very impressed by the QV-r40: price, specs, QUICK response times. I have two qualms, however: 1) no "bulb" setting for forcing night exposures longer than than the auto shutter's 4 sec. and 2). ALL the review sites mention evident graininess that increases as light levels go down. I can say that I notice some blueish specs in the night samples, same samples from some other cameras don't exhibit grain to the same extent. To confuse this issue more, a number of sites indicate the grain disapears on printing. But I wonder about the ability to make an enhanced print at 5x7 let alone 8x10. All that said, Its price, packaging, and feature set still makes it my (somewhat reluctant?) frontrunner.
Dowdall is offline   Reply With Quote