Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Casio

Old Jun 22, 2009, 2:03 PM   #1
Default Casio EX-S12 - need help

Hi, anybody got a S12 und would be so kind to provide a little help? Perhaps Steve who reviewed the S12 recently ..
I have 2 questions and cant find answers in the manual or online.

In P-mode (the mode where you usually can change any parameter the cam provides) it's impossible for me to change continous shooting and face recognition. In the side bar these points are skipped, and even in the menue, I can't do anything. In most best shot modes they are available, strangely you can adjust face recognition and continous shooting in landscape mode, where it's needed desperatly .. )

And second, I'm not sure what AF does in movie mode. The manual says AF is fixed. But most cams with fixed AF in movie do one AF-metering when starting the record with the shutter button. With the S12, record isnt started with shutter but with dedicated movie button so there's no AF-metering at all. It's kind of surprising that a cam with HD movie mode and movie button has no AF when filming ... did I oversee or missunderstand something??

Btw, I tried to mail these questions to Casio, but at the German Casio site there's no contact mail address provided - it's a pity that companies are not interested in customer opinions anymore ... if anybody knows a mail address I could send these questions to please provide it, or if any Casio staff reads these please .. but I guess they don't, because companies are not interested .. and so on ...

Thanks in advance
greetings from lovely Vienna/Austria
Freddie666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jun 23, 2009, 4:03 PM   #2

There is no auto-focus in movie mode. It sets a hyperfocal distance called pan focus which has everything from 85cm to infinity in focus, or 10-50cm in macro. Auto-focus can really mess up a movie.

I don’t see where the camera has a P mode. Your normal shooting mode is “Rec” and you can access continuous shooting and face recognition through the menu (Set).

Both items are pretty clear in the US manual – you can download it from Casio.
slipe is offline   Reply With Quote