Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Casio

Old Nov 19, 2003, 3:58 PM   #1
Default Casio Z4 some issues

I purchased about two weeks ago and love the camera for its size and features. But in my opinion its got some serious flaws that some times make the camera less then ideal.

1) Any time you take pictures with subjects or objects wearing black or are black (like a car) the noise in the photos is terrible. Look even at the sample picture with Jerry in review for the camera. That is a great example but not nearly as bad as I have seen. (I have been experimenting with taking the camera off auto / ISO and setting the ISO to 50/100 that has helped somewhat)

2) The constant blue tinge the happens in some pictures. I believe this is related to the flash. Not sure, but it seems more prevelant when the flash is fired.

I love the camera but I have been thinking about taking it back for these two reasons. Not sure what I am going to do yet. Any one have thoughts on the issues?
balexsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Nov 21, 2003, 11:43 AM   #2

I took some pics of my black car recently with the Z4U. Some of them turned out very nicely and one had a real bluish cast to it. I believe the one that turned out blue was before I turned off the flash...
lig is offline   Reply With Quote