Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Casio

Old Dec 14, 2003, 8:12 PM   #1
Default Please Help me with my choice S4, Z4, QV-R4 or P10???

Hi, I'm looking for some advice (hopefully from the man, Steve, himself as well). Im in a rut deciding between the Pentax Optio S4, Casio Exilim EX-Z4, Casio QV-R4 and the Sony DSC-P10. I Really have NO idea which one to choose :? The Pentax is amazing because it's so small and apparently takes good quality fotos. The Casio Z4 is apparently pretty similar and has some cool picture modes that the Pentax doesnt. On the other hand I have heard the QV-R4 has better quality pictures, as does the Sony DSC P10/12.

So what do I do, Anyone have any ideas...need to make a decision as soon as possible before Christmas.

Thanks in advance to anyone who gives me their view and/or advice.
ChrisL is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Dec 17, 2003, 9:03 PM   #2

Hey there,
I'm in the same boat you are only may I suggest also the Canon S400 (aka ixus 400) and the minolta g500.

I saw some sample pictures from the Pentax S4 (and the Canon photos are similar since they share the same lens) and they don't really look that stellar. A bit grainy... and the lowlight photos w/ flash are really pretty crappy :/

As for the extra picture settings on the Z4, those really aren't necessary I think. I mean given the basic ones on the S4 and the manual options afterward, having 22 (?) various presets seems useless..... In general from side by side comparisons of the cameras, I would personally choose the S4 over the Z4. So I've got that much settled... but now the Canon S400 does have the best quality photos of the bunch of tiny cams... but the Minolta G500 is SOOOO much cheaper (and has better flash length)!

I don't know... there are so many choices! :/ I s4 is very seductive though (so tiny!)
lux is offline   Reply With Quote