Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Casio

Old Dec 15, 2003, 9:37 PM   #1
Default Casio EX-Z4... ripped off...

I purchased an Casio Exilm EX-Z4 camera from A & M PhotoWorld. I saw their website pricing the camera at $319 (lowest I've seen). I call to place the order, and was told that the camera came with only 10 mb of flash memory. Therefore, they told me that Casio sold a "kit" that consisted of a "2 hour battery" since the one that comes with the camera is only a "30 minute" battery. They also told me that the "kit" comes with a 64 mb flash memory card... all for $419... I placed my order... upon receiving my camera, I got the 64 mb flash memory card, but only one battery. I called Casio, who told me that Casio does not make an 30 minute battery, the one that comes with the camera is a 90 min. battery. Also, the box seemed to be opened and not sealed. When I called A & M, they told me that they had opened the box to insert the optional extended life battery into the camera. The camera did come with a 64 mb memory card, but it didn't look like it came from Casio. I think I was taken... their return policy states that there is a 5% restocking charge and an non-refundable shipping fee. By the way, they charged me $30 to ship this camera from New York to San Francisco... I just wanted to let all of you know about my experience with this company. Beware....
miguel584 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Dec 16, 2003, 9:09 AM   #2

When you price check cameras with an online price search engine you'll see that a lot of dealers have it for pretty much the same price. And then there are the "low ball" dealers that always come to the top of the list when you sort by price - avoid these guys like the plague.

See what outfits like B&H Photo and Ritzcamera are selling the camera for and beware of those selling the same thing for a lot less - these are usually the Brooklyn (Crooklyn) NY scam artists. They'll try to sell you accessories that are sub-standard for inflated prices or charge a rediculous shipping fee and even possibly will sell you a gray market (non-USA warranty) product.

Use common sense - if a deal looks too good - it is !!!!!!!!

steve is offline   Reply With Quote