Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Casio

Old Jan 6, 2004, 12:51 PM   #1
Default Casio Z4u, Casio Z3, Pentax Optio S4 Which one?

Hey i currently have the casio z4 but I am tired of its no so great picture quality. One of the main reasons I have this was because the lcd and the 3x optical zoom AND THE SIZE!( i returned my canon s400, it was to big). I also would like a movie mode if possible. I hear the casio z3 is a little less money but ha a little smaller lcd and a video mode, with 3x zoom, but I also heard it breakes easily. I also am looking at the Pentax optio S4, which has 3x zoom (same lens) 4mp, i think a movie mode, but a smaller lcd. I am not sure if it has a better icture quality than the z4u but if it does please reply. If you have any information at all about the casio z4. casio z3, pentax optio s4, that I sould know about please let me know. Thanks alot! :
ace1289 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jan 12, 2004, 10:51 PM   #2

I have the same problem but my Z4 took "blue" pictures. Casio says they know about this, but its back at Comp USA. I think the Pentax may be the best of them.
richardone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 12, 2004, 3:20 PM   #3

Actually the blue tint can be fixed quite easily. Just download the updated firmware (ver 1.02) from their website, flash it in...and you are good to go.

Just picked up the Z4u yesterday........reflashed the firmware and it takes GREAT pics. Very detailed and clear. I returned a Canon SD-100 to get it.

All in all I'm very happy with the quality of the photos from the Z4u. They are as good if not better than my Olympus D550 (3.0 MP) which absolutely blew the SD-100 out of the water, pic wise.

I do miss the awesome movies the SD-100 could take...wish this Z4u could do it.

Tarl is offline   Reply With Quote