Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Casio

Old Jan 8, 2004, 3:22 PM   #1
Default Z4U problems

I compared my LCD with a Z3 and my black is all fuzzy. Like it's really lower resolution or something. Is that common? It looks uglier if I turn off the flash feature. This is just to point..not to shoot.

As well, when I click the shuter button half way to focus, it makes a weird grinding sound. I don;t think that is normal either.

I'm not very happy with this camera and the Pentx Optio S4 is looking better everyday.
rocky is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jan 13, 2004, 8:17 AM   #2
Default Z4U Is Junk

I'm with you. Steve's review of the Z4U is obviously a different camera then the one I just bought (and am returning). The camera's junk. Worst camera I've ever owned as far a picture quality goes.
trehouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 6, 2004, 6:02 PM   #3

This camera is the worst camera I have ever owned in my whole life. It gives a 2 MP quality not 4 MP. Also, the LCD gets fuzzier and more vague as you zoom. And guess what? You will see the vagueness on the picture you took not only on the LCD monitor.

BEAWARE from this crappy camera
simas83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 7, 2004, 5:41 AM   #4
Default Z4 Problems

I have the "international " model Z4 (i.e. with movie mode) and the camera is everything as Steve's review. I have none of the problems mentioned and the picture quality is excellent, definitely to 4meg standard. Perhaps the problems are peculiar to the Z4U's, most of the reviews I have read over here are positive.

Regarding the Optio S4, this camera uses the same Casio electronics with the same Pentax lens as the Z4. Personally I found this camera too small to comfortably operate although the picture quality was on par with the Z4, as you would expect.
jaigee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 8, 2004, 4:56 PM   #5

i also played with a z4 today and if the pics i took look as good on the lcd then it looks a great cam for the money
hotdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 11, 2004, 11:48 PM   #6

Well I just picked up a EX-Z4u, really wish I could have got the EX-Z4, but I'm in the USA and had a large credit at Frys and of course they only carry the Z4u.

I actually picked up a Canon SD-100 last week. Very nice, very small
with a very detailed LCD (even thou small), ie very SHARP. The little Canon took great movies too, in 640x480 (with sound even) however, the actual photo quality (3.2 MP) was quite abit lower in both clarity and detail to my 2yr old Olympus D550 (3.0 MP). I was really dissapointed.

So I wanted something in the general size to the SD-100 and the Z4u was even smaller. SO, picked it up. However, had to take an already returned product....ie, box was ripped open but it was the only one they had.

Figured I'd chance it, anyways, my story got too long. Oh!!

The camera had the "BLUE TINT" problem so I bet that is why they returned it. Anyways, FLASHED the firmware from 1.00 to 1.02 and all is well.

The Z4u has issues in low light situations and that is the only time I see the probs with the LCD of which u speak. Outside or in good light the LCD is great. Alot of this prob has to do with the only 85,000 pixels present in that huge 2" screen. The canon had something like 119,000 in a 1.5" screen.

The one thing I did notice for sure thou, the Z4 took much BETTER and more detailed pictures @ 4.0 MP than the Canon did @ 3.2 MP.

Much better. Pics are very good with the Z4u which surprised me. They are pretty much as detailed as my Olympus 3.0 MP shots...very clear and detailed ......even in low light (once u see them on the computer) low light shots still show up kinda fuzzy on the LCD depending on how much light u have in the room

All in all I'm continuing to test the Z4u, but so far I like it much better than the Canon SD-100 picture quality wise......even with the low light issues.

Tarl is offline   Reply With Quote