Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Casio

Old Jan 18, 2004, 1:43 PM   #1

Dear Sir,

I have bought a CASIO EXILIM EX-Z4 DIGITAL CAMERA. the saleman in the shop told that if get a 256 MB multimedia, i will be able to record movies of more than 30 minutes long. when i traveled and went back home i read the provided manual to learn how to use this feature, but unfortunately it was mentioned there, and also i tried to record movies for more than 60 sceonds but no way, i could not do that.

It will be highly appreciated if can advise on how i can set my casio ex-z4 camera to record more than 60 seconds using the 256mb multimedia card.

Your early reply is highly appreciated

best rgds,

A. Wadood
wadood is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jan 21, 2004, 9:58 PM   #2

The Salesman is wrong in saying that you can take a 30 minute video. You can only take a maximum of 60 seconds at each time. However you can edit these (using Microsoft MovieMaker for instance) and join the separate 60 seconds clips into a longer video, this could be 30 minutes long dependent upon the capacity of the media storage used.
There is also a write time, after every 60 second clip, from the internal memory to the media card to be considered.
Jason James is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 17, 2004, 10:21 AM   #3
Default Z4's video recording capability

The Z4 can only record up to a maximum of 60 sec per movie clip... you can't record for more than that continuously.

For the new Z40 (which i juz bought), the camera can capture video for as long as your memory card allows and also super long battery life - really amazed. From my experience with a 128MB card, i can record approximate 7 mins of continuous video. I dun have a 256MB card, but i think it should be twice of that?
SnowPrince is offline   Reply With Quote