Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Casio

Old Jun 28, 2004, 11:14 AM   #1

I currently have an Olympus C50. Just like everyone else,I am never satisfied with what i have and always want smaller, better, faster, etc.

I was thinking of changing to either a Casio Z40 or Pentax S4i even though they are 1MP lower. I like the idea of having a smaller camera that I can really keep in my pocket as long as the picture quality is there.

I have to admit that the review on the S4i scared me a little asI worry that the camera I may get will have the poorer picture quality like the first one Steve tested...

Anyone have some good advice on what I should do?

Diamonddave561 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jun 30, 2004, 6:47 PM   #2

I have used both of these cameras and I have to sayI was impressed by the Casio Z40 the most. The design is excellent and the menus are easy to navigate, especially using the large 2" Inch screen. The speed of the Casio is also impressive with a 0.2 second shutter lag. It takes amazing pictures of moving objects with a minimal amount of blur.

The Pentax S4i is also a good camera. It is slightly smaller than theCasio and contains similar features.The camera I used seemed to have reasonable picture quality and I saw no obvious softness around the side of the image like the one Steve tested. It seems strange that several people have had a perfect S4i while others have experienced "poor quality" images. Pentax need to step up their quality control.

In my opinion the Z40 would be the best and safestchoice, unless you purchase the S4i at a retailer with a generous returns policy.
Spud* is offline   Reply With Quote