Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Casio

Old Aug 26, 2004, 5:46 PM   #1

[align=left]i need a little help....excuse me if i use a few words but my english is not so well...[/align]
[align=left]i want to buy my 1st digicam:[/align]
[align=left]casio ex z30[/align]
[align=left]canon sd 110 (cheaper 40$ more or less)[/align]
[align=left]your opinion abuot this two(and why if you want.....)? [/align]
[align=left]i like casio but is much expensive....is a good cam?[/align]
[align=left]please help me.....[/align]

after8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Nov 10, 2004, 11:18 AM   #2

I would buy the Z55 now - same features but5 pixels and 2.5" display.
kcowan2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 7, 2005, 1:19 PM   #3

i have just bought the ez30 and am not disapointed. its all about what you can afford. the 5mp version may be great , but its prob also quite expensive, and if your buying this camera for what its intended for, point and shoot, then you dont need 5 mp, unless your printing out things bigger than A2 size! i got mine for bringing out on the town as its ultra small, takes a great picture, and battery life is super long. the size is great. fits in with my phone in my pocket and i dont even know its there!. anyway , if you need to print out huge posters , get a proper camera rather than this one ( i recommend a panasonic lumix as i like them), but if the camera is just for fun snaps when your out and about and dont want to be restricted by carrying around a huge expensive camera, then the z30 is more than perfect for the job. hope this helps
schmintan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 9, 2005, 4:28 AM   #4

I say go for the Canon SD110. Probably sturdier and better image quality overall... I think.

I just bought the Casio EX-Z30, and while I am content with it, I think I would've been happier with the SD110... not to mention that it will cost you less (which you have pointed out).

They are both small in size, with a 2" LCD monitor and same MP (I think).

I don't know much about the SD110, however... but I can tell you about the Casio. It's extremely simple to use, which is great. It's so simple that I feel like I bought a $10 toy from the corner store, which isn't so great. Not too sturdy but decent. Photo quality is pretty good (especially for its size), not great, though. It is a 3.2mp after all. The LCD resolution of the Casio isn't too good and I think the sd110 would be better with this. docking station is kinda cool but so goddamn annoying as well.

I don't know about the speed of the SD110. Look into that and then compare, if that matters to you. The Casio is pretty fast... a little under 2 seconds start-up and an almost 4 second lag between shots with flash (my personal estimates).

So, basically, the Casio has barely satisfied me and I am merely okay with it. I think the Canon will do you a better job overall. My friend has it and it seems like a better choice.
cathryn is offline   Reply With Quote