Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Casio

Old Nov 1, 2004, 6:24 AM   #1

Hi people this is my first post:-D (well 2nd)

I recently just bought a brand new casio z40 camera fromdixons (uk), everything seemed to be working perfectly when i brought it out the box.

I could take pictures, upload them to my computer etc, but then the battery went dead and i needed to recharge it. The problem is that it wont charge. I left it on the cradle all of last night and it is still dead.

For anyone with a casio camera :- when i place it on the cradle the charging light remains on amber, which according to the manual means the camera is incharging standby. The led will not go red, indicating that it is charging.

It is a brand new camera and this would have been the first time i would have charged it. Do you think the battery is faulty? or am i doing something wrong?

paulioo is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Nov 1, 2004, 10:50 AM   #2

You may want to make sure thebattery contacts are clean. Ditto for the contacts between the camera and the cradle.

From time to time,my wife's mobile phone refuses to charge. I just yank out the battery, rub the contacts on a clean cloth and put it back in. It then works fine for the nextfew months.

JimC is offline   Reply With Quote