Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Casio

Old Nov 21, 2004, 8:46 PM   #1

I know there are a few threads discussing the two cameras right now but they are growing to large. I am looking for an ultra compact camera and will never print anything larger than 8x10 if I even print that size at all. I'm not sure how different the 3 vs 5 mp will be. Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated.
Yaemish is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Nov 24, 2004, 11:43 AM   #2

*** Also posted in the Z55 - Does anybody have? thread........

Just a couple quick thoughts on S100 vs. Z50/Z55. In general, I am a big fan of the exilim series. Had the S2, S3, Z40, Z50, and just purchased the S100. I took both the S100 and Z50 on a recent trip to Disney. I was disappointed in two things with the S100 as compared to the Z50, low light focus lock and flash recycle time. The S100 would quite often fail to focus lock in anything close to a low light situation. The Z50 seemed much better. The flash recycle time also seemed to take 3-4 seconds longer than the Z50. I could be off a little as I didn't actually time the difference but it really stood out to me.

Picture quality on the S100 is fine for a 3MP camera. Size wise, with its various protusions, it did not feel too much different in my pocket than the Z50. I really want to like the S100. The look/feel of the camera is great. For me though, I plan to return the camera today for a Z55. The very slight size penalty in thickness for the Z50/Z55 justifies the extra resolution, low light focusing, flash recycle time, and battery life for me.
Casio Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 24, 2004, 1:12 PM   #3

Also to me it appeals to Casio Z55 but also FX7. In conditions of little light the persons say that Casio is not good and also in the photos in exteriors it does not put to fire the extreme parts of the photographies. She watches these examples of beautiful photos but with sfocature to sides. What tasks of this? FX7 in photo of inner is much best. Hello

robyy is offline   Reply With Quote