Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Casio

Old Nov 24, 2004, 5:51 AM   #1

I see that Casio has announced a new member of the QV family. The QV R52. Anyone know what it has that the QV R51 does not have? I'm guessing that it is a non-american model. Anyone have an answer, Steve, any info?

I have the QV R51 and I love it. It's my third digital and the best yet. The size, pix quality (don't believe everything you read) and that it uses AA rechargeables makes it perfect in my book.

Wulf is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Aug 14, 2005, 7:57 AM   #2

I recently bought a casio QV-r52.In may ways it is an excellent camera. However, I found one annoying problem on first setting up the camera (which may apply to the whole QV range). Casio uses a hole for the batteries which, from above, looks like two tubes with a narrow cutout where the two tubes would otherwise touch or meet.

3 different makes of rechargeable batteries that I had been using in my previous digital camera were such a tight fit in the QV-r52 that I was not prepared to push them in as I had thought there was a real risk thatthe sockets would break or that I might be unable to get the batteries out again to recharge them.

I searched the internet and found budgetbatteries.co.uk and eurobatteries.com who specify not just the type and capacityof their batteries but also the width. A millimetre less made a big difference and all is now well!
brightstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 20, 2005, 9:53 AM   #3

Try Sanyo NiMH 2100 mAh AA/LR6 rechargeable batteries!

Also the QV-R52 is exactly like the 51 except it doesn't come with rechargeable batteries.
CasioTechSupport4 is offline   Reply With Quote