Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Casio

Old Jan 13, 2005, 3:50 AM   #31

In response to soft and underexposed photos thatsome of you have posted, let me tell you what I've noticed.

If you let the camera do the exposure in "Program" mode (the default) and turn the flash off, the camera will calculate a small shuttertime that will let to the problems of bad indoor photos. It is not very clever here.

But as soon as you change the exposure as "Aperture priority"you'll see a dramatic increase in shutter time and, of course, in picture quality. The results are very good. I can post some pictures but try for yourself and see. Of course, the shutter speed can be up to 1 sec or more in low light, so please use a tripod or let the camera on the table and use the 2 sec delay shutter and tell the subject(s) tostay still...

Andif youask me how to manually change the exposure mode (because the camera does not have enough buttons...), go to http://www.sassenfeld.de/software/be...bestman_e.htmland use this software. It is excellent!

I hope this will help you in takingbetter photos with the Exilim Zoom cameras!
Gic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 15, 2005, 11:28 AM   #32

I just reckon that if pictures from a camera are blurry when taken indoors, then try using a tripod. If the pictures are sharp with the tripod, then it's just a camera shake problem. So can do various things, like use a tripod, or get a camera that's bigger and heavier, or has more powerful flash, or try changing settings like aperture/shutter-speed (that's only if the camera lets you do that kind of thing).

Or use a photo editor to sharpen...
Attached Images
Kenny_Leong is offline   Reply With Quote