Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Casio

Old Jan 18, 2005, 9:03 AM   #1

i have the exilim ex-z30. i was going to download some of the programs like bestshot to configure the camera. my question is:

let say i want the apiture to stay open for longer. in the camera there is a little list of values you can select to set this value. if i use bestshot to make the apiture stay open longer, will this new value simply be added to this list of values, or will the camera only work at this apiture size until i change it back with the program?hope my question is clear.
schmintan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jan 19, 2005, 3:20 AM   #2

No, it is not very clear...

If you want a big shutter time you can go up to 2 seconds using "Bestshot Editor" or "Bestman". Set the Exposure mode to "Aperture priority" (the aperture will always be large - Klaus Sassenfeldnoted wrong in the Bestmanpage) and the camera will calculate the shutter speed according to the eventually specified ISO, metering mode, flash settingsand ambient light.

Or, you can set the Exposure mode to "Manual" and set the shutter speed to your needs. Of course, the setting will bein useuntil you change the Bestshot scene or go to Snapshot mode.

I think in the camera there are no options to set the shutter speed!
Gic is offline   Reply With Quote