Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Casio

Old Mar 14, 2005, 5:15 PM   #1

In Europe this camera is very expensive.

Next month I will spend some days in Chicago and New York. Should you suggest me some strores where can I find it in this 2 cities?

Thank you!

Oliviero is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Mar 29, 2005, 2:57 PM   #2

It should be posted any day now on their website which the EX-Z750 is already there and you can purchase one now (but already backordered). Some pics on the Z57 have been posted on their website at this link (Z750 is still under construction in USA but their world sight has pics posted at: http://world.casio.com/exilim/en/ex_z750/gallery.html)

For the Z57:

Notice the macro shots appear to beexcellent but the portait looks extremely soft and nearly "brushed" as it's completely lacking in detail expected from a 7 megapixel camera. You can barely make out individual hairs on the girls head--in complete contrast to example pictures from the SD500 review posted at this link:

Notice these pictures for the Canon SD500are very sharp with great color and details--nearly as good as a Minolta A200 or Nikon 8800 which are far more expensive cameras (identical pics can be compared for all three cameras on this reviewing website).

The colors on the Casio (Z57 and Z750) both look good but I'm really disappointed with the apparent resolution on the Casio (effecive megapixels may only be 50-60% but will have to wait for accurate testing by www.digitalcamerainfo.com to say for sure if this is a valid interpretation. Maybe sharpening them will improve but it doesn't loot good at this point.

wowlfie is offline   Reply With Quote