Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Casio

Old Apr 22, 2005, 3:34 PM   #11

Yes, I know why you posted those prices, and I agree that it might be a good leverage. :-) I just posted that as more of a "public education piece", if that makes sense, since there are an aweful lot of people getting burned on a regular basis and a lot of people who don't bother to read the whole threads. Also, I should have made my point a little clearer, since my intention wasn't to imply that you were recommending those companies. To rephrase your statement: we agree completely. :-)
CrimsonScythe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 22, 2005, 5:56 PM   #12

Thanks and you are very correct in stating that a lot of folks have indeed been burned by some of these "fly-by-night" companies that offer "too-good-to-be-true" prices. At some point you get what you pay for in life. The cheapest price in town isn't always the best bargain overall. I usually try and find the cheapest price I can from companies that I know have been around for a long time and whom I have successfully done business with in the past. I also try and support local brick and motar retail shops nearby when they offer sales and really good deals. We have to support them too.
Dark Cobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 11, 2005, 4:10 PM   #13

$375 @ Comp-U-Plus
FatGeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 21, 2005, 12:35 AM   #14

Buy.com has our camera for $359.99. Too good to be true? Does anyone know about this company? It's been "on order" for several days now, is this a scam? They have the Nikon S1 very cheap too, and it's also "on order", but they do have the EXZ57 ready to ship for $309.99, while RitzCamera.com want $379.99 and BHPhotovideo.com wants $359.99. Also with the buy.com credit card you get $30 off your first purchase. So is this likelyto be for real, or am I being taken?
a4phantom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 21, 2005, 3:28 PM   #15

a4phantom, I have bought from Buy.com since they first came online several years ago (I believe in the late 90s). They DO have some of the best prices on the Net. Indeed, I have never had any problems with them throughout the years. If the camera is on backorder then you might want to call them and ask them when they expect it so that you won't have any false expectations about delivery date (they're on backorder because they have been selling them like hotcakes at that price).

Good luck!

funtasticguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 28, 2005, 7:59 PM   #16

I am in Canada.

Futureshop has it for $550, it was onsale for $530, and then there's a $50 coupon for purchase over $500. Then I can get GiftCards at 20% off... so $400 for $500 worth of GiftCards. Which brings it to about $420 CAD after all taxes and trouble.

Buy.com still sounds good. I might tell my GF to get the Z57.
story is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 9, 2005, 11:33 PM   #17

Hello Story

I'm wondering if you can give me some more info regarding the price you got your cam for?

Where did you find the coupon for $50 off and how do you get 20% off giftcards?

Maybe it was a regional store promotion or something because I checked at our store and the store manager never heard of these deals (Western Canada). Although, it is on for $549 - $50 discount = $499 CAD.

I'm not indicating that you didn't get it for what you stated, just please help me get mine too!!

cufinster is offline   Reply With Quote