Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Casio

Old May 11, 2005, 5:56 AM   #1

For the past month now I have been looking to buy a new ultracompact digital camera. I have narrowed it down somewhat, and I think it lies between the Canon Powershot SD400 and the Casio Ex-Z750.

I am aware that the Casio hasn't had many reviews at all, however people seem to be happy with the camera and I am particularly impressed with the battery life and the ability to record MPEG 4.

I would like to ask if you guys know with the software given with the Canon SD400 if they give software to convert the AVI-JPEG Movies it records into MPEG4s?

I don't feel I have need at all for a 7 megapixel camera however would be willing to pay for the Casio in order to get the MPEG4 video option and the immense battery life in comparison to the poor offered by the Canon.

My main concern however is the picture quality of the Casio. I know Canon is renowned for excellent quality and the 5 megapixels offered by the Sd400 will be ample for what I need.

I would like to ask you guys what you think? Should I go for the Casio or the Canon? Do you think the Casio build quality will be as high? I would really like this camera to last me many years and don't want it to break or become slow or useless, and really want it to take good photos every time.

I am going to pay a lot because I want this camera to accompany me on my travels, and I want it to be able to be in my pocket all the time! I need a camera which always gets a clear photo, and would love it to have good movie mode too...

I am also going to buy a Sacndisk 2GB Ultra II SD card.

Please I would love to know your opinions on this matter!

Look forward to hearing from you,

P.S. Does anyone know is the Casio Ex-Z750 has panoramic mode? The Canons Pan mode I know is superb!
davidtowers is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links