Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Casio

Old May 13, 2005, 3:18 PM   #1

Mostly taking pictures of kids indoors. Small living room settings.

I would like quick shot to shot times and good performance with or without a flash.

I like the idea of having a dock for easy transfer of pictures and recharge of battery, that's why I've been looking at the Casio.

But I haven't heard much about the shot to shot times on the Z750.

Fwiler is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old May 14, 2005, 12:46 AM   #2

Steve's review of the Z750 just went up tonight Friday 5/13. This camera may well work fine for you because as Steve pointed out, it's flash range is good for just about 10 feet or less. Since you specified a "small" room, this may be a good fit for you. However, as he indicated shooting in a dark setting beyond this range is definitely pushing the envelope too far.

This camera has flash assist and virtually NO shutter lag or shot-to-shot delay. This is a far greater feature than even a longer flash if you're talking about trying to caputre the rapid movements of kids. Having the most powerful flash available is worthless if the camera naturally lags before you can capture what the little ones are doing in that split second!

The transfer/charging dock is such a great device, I can't fathom why the other manufacturer's haven't adopted the concept. Transfers are as simple as you can get. This camera has such a range of adjustments that I'm sure you should be able to find a good choice of various settings to suit your indoor shooting needs. Not to mention this diminuitive little camera is far more apt to be "WITH YOU" in a shirt pocket the instant you really want a camera. No other type of digital camera other than these ultra-compacts can "be at the ready" so swifty for those on the spot moments.
Dark Cobra is offline   Reply With Quote