Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Casio

Old Jul 14, 2005, 8:46 PM   #1

Just bought the Z750 and found out I have the ver. 1.00 and need to upgrade to 1.01 I have no idea how to do this myself. I read at the software upgrade website that you do this at your own risk! Is it a simple thing or are there many steps involved? As a newbie perhaps I should take it to a camera store? Any feedback would be appreciated.
jpear is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jul 14, 2005, 9:16 PM   #2

It was easy for me, but I first removed the SD card just to make sure the firmware was transfered to internal memory of the camera just as a precaution, then formated the internal memory before doing the procedure. After it was over I formatted the internal memory again I think. I wonder if anyone else has tried it and if they achieved the same results, namely no more audio whine when they play back MPEG4 videos. My audio whine is gone.
buddy1065 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 14, 2005, 9:32 PM   #3

I just follow the procedure as said on Casio website. I put it on my SD card and there was no problem with the upgrade. Remember to fully charge the battery.
story is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 14, 2005, 10:16 PM   #4

I guess I could have looked someplace besides the US site for instructions. They just said to copy the file to the root memory of either the card or permanent memory – nothing else. I copied it there but there was obviously more to the procedure. I wasn't sure I wanted to execute the file on the card so I deleted it.

What worked out for me:
I left clicked on the EXE file I downloaded while it was on the computer.
It asked where I wanted to decompress it to. It had figured out the camera was my G drive so I just clicked the OK.
It put a BIN file on the card.
I held the menu button while powering on the camera out of the cradle.
It asked if I wanted to upgrade and I selected yes.
When it was through I tried to check the firmware and it wanted to upgrade again.
I put it back in the cradle and deleted the BIN file.
Then it showed the updated firmware.

I'm curious where the complete instructions from Casio are. The instructions on the US download page weren't very helpful. Firmware upgrades are one of the few things you can do with a computer that can permanently screw up a device, so I am careful with them.

slipe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 15, 2005, 12:10 AM   #5

Thanks for all the suggestions with the firmware but it sounds even more confusing now after reading the posts. Does anyone know if camera shops will do this sort of thing?.....especially since I bought the camera online?

I`ve had the camera three wks and i still haven`t had it in the docking cradle yet. I just remove the SD card and insert it in my card reader that remains connected to pc. Seems much easier to me.
jpear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 15, 2005, 10:56 PM   #6

I used the US main site to find the instructions and, after registering a camera s/n, the secure site had a lot of instructions to follow. Seemed thorough enough and a bit more in depth than what you're describing were available at the time you looked. Maybe check it out and see if it helps clarify your update process. I believe the US site links over to the Casio Worldwide site for updates and downloads.

cufinster is offline   Reply With Quote