Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Casio

Old Jul 24, 2005, 1:48 AM   #1

I just ordered the Casio EXZ750 and have seen a website somewhere (as well as the salesman at Frys) say that the lensesfor this cameraare made by Pentax. However there's no information about this anywhere on the box or anywhere else I can find.

Does anyone know? Who actually makes the lenses used in this camera?

Also, I see just about all of them are made in China now. What was the deal.. was it just the inital ones that were made in Japan?

misterlar is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jul 24, 2005, 10:00 PM   #2

I don't think Pentax makes the lens. I looked through their lineup and they don't make a camera with a 1/1.8 sensor with a 3X lens.

The Casio Pro series I think uses Canon lenses, but I don't see a Canon 3X lens with the same focal lengths and f-stops for a 1/1.8 sensor.

Casio used the lenses from the Pentax S series cameras for their ultra-compacts until now. The Casio S500 still has a 1/2.5 sensor, so they might still be using the Pentax lens on it, but the specs are a little different.

The specs are exactly the same as the lens and sensor on the Samsung V700, which also has excellent resolution. That would be my guess.

Edit: Or Samsung and Casio are buying the same lens from someone else.

slipe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 24, 2005, 10:16 PM   #3

Well I've ordered the camera, and it should arrive in a few days, so.. I'll give it a try

At some point I'd be interested to find out who makes the lenses, as I doubt of course that Casio makes the lenses themselves. But thanks for the info

misterlar is offline   Reply With Quote