Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Casio

Old Jul 26, 2005, 9:07 AM   #1

Is anyone else having trouble with getting consistent sharp focus at ranges from about 4 feet to 10 feet? There are some photos that come out sharp, but unfortunately there are many more that are blurry. And of course, it's the ones I want the most that are blurry.

I have tried Best Shot Portrait, Best Shot Portrait and Scenery, and Snapshot. I have tried AutoFocus Multi, Free and Spot. None of these are giving me consistent sharp focus, perhaps because scene composition changes.I tried Manual Focus, which I find frustrating because of the short range on the scale between 1 meter and infinity. Also, this isn't practical for spontaneous shots.

Although I appreciate all the setting options on this camera, the point of having a camera that fits in your shirt pocket and comes on rapidly is take quick photos. For me, most often these are of people who are not very far away.

What's the point of a 7 megapixel camera if it takes blurry pictures??!!

I would appreciate any help or feedback before I completely grind my molars to dust!!
Oxojim is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jul 26, 2005, 10:03 AM   #2

If you bought the camera someplace with a good return policy exchange it. My camera focuses fine at those ranges.

An exception might be if you are taking available light shots indoors without using the flash. If that is the case half press the shutter and see what kind of shutter speeds you are generating. If it is 1/10 second you are likely to get a lot of blurred images – especially if you are holding it out to use the LCD as your viewfinder.

I've had my camera over a month and taken a lot of photos. I have yet to get an out of focus image.

I agree that the manual focus scale is nearly useless. My old Minolta had a digital readout of the focus distance and was easy to get exactly right. Most scale type indicators leave a lot to be desired and the Z750 is worse than most.

slipe is offline   Reply With Quote