Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Casio

Old Sep 26, 2005, 5:38 PM   #1

Good evening.I'm looking into getting a new digital camera.* I know that there is difference in the resolution between a T5 and the Z750.* But, from the Casio side, what do you like about your camera?* Any regrets.Anyone have any thoughts on the new Nikon P2?Thanks for the help.
wyzard is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Sep 26, 2005, 8:17 PM   #2

I'm still waiting for my Exilim Ex-Z750... after arriving in Australia 2 weeks ago, its still being held by Customs, but going from all the reviews and forums on other websites, if you manage to get a good quality Z750 (Casio seems to have poor quality control) then you should be a very happy owner indeed. As for comparing it against the (5MP)SONY model you talk about, you will miss out on a LOT of features that come in the (7MP) CASIO, yes the SONY is smaller, but not to an extent that its gonna makemuch of adifference. The biggest plus for the SONY is the non-extending lens, possibly the reason CASIOowners are experiencing "lens errors", as this Exilim's lens is so tiny and fast its no wonder something is bound to go wrong.Also with the Z750 the battery life is outstanding users are reporting of it lasting for days on end with heavy use, which is quite amazing as the Exilim has the same 2.5-inch screen as the SONY. One last thing is THAT movie mode, it seriously isthat good, I wouldn't rate it at DVD quality, but easily amongst the best video quality you could hope for (with higher frame rate) something the SONY doesnt have and you'd be suprised how many times you will record video when you never thought you would.

Buy the Exilim get the firmware update for it, fingerscrossed for the quality issue, and you should be happier with the Z750, it's higher-res, has better battery life, more features, awesomemovie mode, manual controls. (And even if you do get a slightly dodgyExilim, CASIO will replace it for you anyway!) So what are you waiting for? Get out there, buy the Z-750 and become a better photograher. If only mine would arrive sooner......

I hope this helped out in your decision making.
Deanis is offline   Reply With Quote