Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Casio

Old Jan 17, 2006, 4:25 PM   #1

Bought the camera last nite , and fuddled with it learning the controls ,they are very easy to navigate,the usb cord is very tight connecting it to the cam , and can see it damaging the camera as a lot of force is needed to unhook it ,no i didnt have the problem with xp not seeing the cam .you need to make sure it is going in the right way as it is tabbed!
other than that all worked fine .it seemed that some of the pics are on the blurry side , but some are clear as well.
Just let me know what you want to know about the z 120 i ll keep ya posted . looking for a sunny day seems like it s been ranning for such a long time , then take some bright sunny day pics .
First of all thank you for the form , your imput ,let me know what u want as far as imput to help you better decide on what camera works best for you .
Being new to photography , this is a challenge , and do have a few questions about the exif
such as
GainControl - Low gain up- can i change that in the Z 12 , and what effect it has on the photograph?
on these setting are there anything i should change

Contrast - Normal?
Saturation - High?
Sharpness - Normal?

FocalLengthIn35mmFilm - 68 mm
FocalLength - 14.20 mm
why are the two number different?

here is the exif settings

ile: - Cocuments and SettingsjerryDesktopCIMG0005.JPG

Model - EX-Z120
Orientation - Top left
XResolution - 72
YResolution - 72
ResolutionUnit - Inch
Software - 1.00
DateTime - 2006:01:17 16:17:47
YCbCrPositioning - Centered
ExifOffset - 282
ExposureTime - 1/100 seconds
FNumber - 4.00
ExposureProgram - Portrait mode
ExifVersion - 221
DateTimeOriginal - 2006:01:17 16:17:47
DateTimeDigitized - 2006:01:17 16:17:47
ComponentsConfiguration - YCbCr
CompressedBitsPerPixel - 5.00 (bits/pixel)
ExposureBiasValue - 0.00
MaxApertureValue - F 2.83
MeteringMode - Multi-segment
LightSource - Auto
Flash - Not fired, auto mode
FocalLength - 14.20 mm
FlashPixVersion - 010
ColorSpace - sRGB
ExifImageWidth - 3072
ExifImageHeight - 2304
InteroperabilityOffset - 33378
FileSource - Other
CustomRendered - Normal process
ExposureMode - Auto
WhiteBalance - Auto
DigitalZoomRatio - 0.00/0.00 x
FocalLengthIn35mmFilm - 68 mm
SceneCaptureType - Standard
GainControl - Low gain up
Contrast - Normal
Saturation - High
Sharpness - Normal

To learn what these setting s mean and how to take a better shot is my goal and im sure your s as well,
best of luck Jerry
Attached Images
jrproca is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jan 17, 2006, 7:02 PM   #2

It really doesn't matter what camera one uses in order to take striking images. Far too many individuals, who take up photography, are under the impression that if you go out and buy the most expensive camera with all the bells and whistles you will end up with great photos. Not true! A camera, no matter how good or how expensive will not render great images unless the photographer spends time learning the art...and it is an art. One of the most important leasons a photographer can learn is developing an eye. I see by your photo, that you are somewhat beyond the point and shoot snapshot stage. Try to be creative, and keep your image with a main subject in mind and most important, uncluttered with too many objects in the photo that detract from the theme. Not a bad effort on your part.

I remember viewing a web site not too long ago that had a gallery of very striking images from a professional photographer. Looking at the pics, one would imagine that he used a professional quality camera to take them. In actual fact, the camera he used was an old fassion style pin hole camera. His project was to show people that the camera (just a tool) is not the most important part of the equation. It makes me laugh sometimes when I hear of photographers who go out and spend many thousand of dollars on photography equipment, and with great effort try to imitate or recreate the masterful work of Ansel Adams only to produce images that pale in comparison.

Therefore, in your quest for great photos, remember that the most important partof a great image is not based on what the photographer is holding, or for that matter what's in front of the lens...but who is behind the viewfinder.
jpeg is offline   Reply With Quote