Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Casio

Old Jan 21, 2006, 5:59 AM   #1

I`m new to this forum and also new to photography. I need help regarding my exilim s500 camera! It`s 2 months old and so far it has been working just fine...one day i noticed a gray stain in the upper right corner of my pictures...you can see through it but it is there...it quite annoying and if you have a bright picture background it`s very visible! (You can also see it on the LCD.) The stain in bigger and less intense at wide angle and it shrinks and gets more intense at telephoto. That being said it is quite obvious that there is something wrong with the lens...what i am worried about is whether it can be repaired (or cleaned)...if you have and suggestions or opinions i`d like to hear them. I`ll try to upload a sample picture later so you can see what i am talking about. The simple solution would be to take the camera back to the store but i bought it abroad so now i tried to contact official casio service here in my country if they can repair it for me but i`m still waiting for reply.

Here are the sample pictures (i just took a photo of my wall).
marko_slo is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jan 23, 2006, 5:26 PM   #2

Unfortunately, I have no idea what could be causing that. With that said, I have a suggestion. I'm sure you must be quite upset about this. I know I would. Lesson learned...never buy cameras, electronic items outside of the country. You will, as you are discovering, have problems with warranty. But I do hope I'm wrong in your case. If you have to replace your camera, my suggestion is as follows...buy one at Ritz Cameras. It's the only chain of stores that offer a VERY GOOD, extended warranty. Cameras, especially digital cameras, can develope problems. The Ritz extended warranty covers eveything. You can purchase the warranty for 1 year, 2 years...etc. Anything that happens to the camera, the item will be fixed or replaced. Run over it with your car...bring in all the parts...you get a new camera. I honestly don't know of any other camera store that offers this kind of coverage. I'm a professional photographer, and I have purchased most of my equipment through them. Pro dig cameras are very expensive and I don't have the money to keep replacing them when problems arrise...hense the extended warranty.

I hope you get your problem resolved.

Happy shooting
jpeg is offline   Reply With Quote