Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Casio

Old Feb 8, 2006, 3:40 PM   #11

Thats a great shame. On mine once you slide the grey button open, the door can just slide out to the side. It works easy and first time every time, so if you have any problems, it must be defective. norm
norm smith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 8, 2006, 9:00 PM   #12

Thanks! Yeah, I guess I'll just have to exchange it and wait a little bit longer to start taking pictures...BTW thanks to everyone on this forum who helped me decide to get the z120--I'm a beginner and this was in my budget and I've been very excited about gettting it. Leave it to me to get a stupid little defect like a nonfuctioning battery compartment!:?Hope there's not a whole batch out there like this!
Kilikina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 10, 2006, 3:59 PM   #13

i agree, the low light focus is instantaneous and works perfectly all the time. so long as its not pitch black, it is able to lock focus on something closeby that has the slightest tone difference to the surroundings.

some of my pics include low light shots: www.mohsinaliuk.blogspot.com. let me know what you think

also i find the 'weak flash' able illuminate a pitch black room fully, this is at least 8-10 m in my case in normal mode. i dont this is too weak, as some people are trying to make out
mohsinaliuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 13, 2006, 10:01 PM   #14

One thing that has not been mentioned:
The camera's manual is on the CD (.pdf) only, NO PAPER.

Now this IS a fine camera with lots of bells and whistles, but you'll be spending hours in front of your PC figuring the ins and outs.

Then when you go afield to take some pics, will you remember how to work everything?

OK, you MAY learn how to use it, but if you stash it in the closet and drag it out for some Xmas photos, is it back-to-the-PC?

Want to print out the .pdf on your inkjet? It's in color so those ink-tanks are going to take a hit.

Mass production should make a paper manual cheap and included
Y4806 is offline   Reply With Quote