Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Casio

Old Apr 2, 2003, 6:37 AM   #1
Default To Improve the ANR feature of your QV-4000, also 5700

Did you find that your QV-4000 alway get fuzzy picture quality. It lakes of some detail and unsharp. A lot of people supposed that it's caused by QV-4000's Agrassive Noise Reduction.

Now, you can write a mail to CASIO to ask for correcting the funny feature. Please send your mail to the address below:

Here is also a mail which one of us sent to CASIO, some of use use it as a template:

Dear Sir or Madam of Casio Digital Camera:

We are your customers of Casio QV-4000, we herein respond to you about the picture quality of QV-4000. We hope you can give it a proper handling.

In recent days, on some websites such as www.dpreview.com, www.dcview.com.tw and www.pchome.net , people are discussing about a topic, that is the picture quality of QV-4000. As we all know, QV-4000 use the lens from Canon and CCD from Sony, all excellent hardware. But the problem is that the picture quality is worse that those from other big brands, and even is worse than QV-3000. In
all, the picture is not sharp, with no solidness and big granules.

Lots of users ascribe this to the software design shortcomings. Other factories are providing latest versions of firmware to solve product problems. What are you going to do to counteract these shortcomings.

As a result of these discussions, some new users are no longer considering selecting Casio products and some of your old users say they will not select your product if they upgrades digital cameras. So we are worrying about the future of your DC products.

Therefore, we, your faithful users, wish you can improve QV-4000 by upgrading the software.

Expecting your reply.

One of your users,

My name:
SN for my QV-4000:
My Email:
qv4kuser is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Apr 9, 2003, 1:52 AM   #2
Default Answer from Casio

Dear customer

Thank you for your comment on QV4000.

We without fail transfer your valuable comment on our future products planning.

Regarding firmware upgrade, for the time being, we have no such plan for this
products except following site;

Thanking you again for your valuable comment

newmikey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 12, 2003, 7:27 AM   #3
Default digital camera QV-

to all the holders of the digital camera serious Casio QV with interface serial.
Kindly the electric scheme of the cable rs-232 of connection serves me to the PC.

By Gr@ssoft
grassoft is offline   Reply With Quote