Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Casio

Old Mar 17, 2006, 12:31 PM   #1

Just thought you all may like to know this because i don't see any threads on the subject. and i want to spread the word as much as possible so that casio will get this problem fixed with a firmware update ASAP. Look at the casio forum at dpreview and you'll find a slew of info.

The problem is with the high quality mode for video. In low light it goes into complete and utterly useless noise. Even in good light it's not as good as the normal quality mode which works just fine. But low light, even a little, the results are rendered completly unusable. It's likely just a problem in the HQ compression algorythm within the firmware, and a few people including myself have alerted casio about the problem, so hopefully a fix will happen soon. But the more that contact them the better ! There have been a number of people with this problem, some of whom have owned Z750's and were "horrified" (as one dpreview member said) to find the new camera so much worse till we realized it's a defect after finding NQ mode works perfectly.

Just thought you all might like to know since any Z850 talk here seems to be old posts.
dazco is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Mar 24, 2006, 8:04 PM   #2

Also, be aware, the dreaded "LENS ERROR" still exists on the 850. Received mine today with the error straight out of the box. Disappointing to say the least.
rickpub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 31, 2006, 8:33 PM   #3

Is there a link to a sample download of the video problem?

trido is offline   Reply With Quote