Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Casio

Old Jun 27, 2006, 11:41 PM   #1

I was a happy customer and used the camera for 9 months, then the lens froze up in the extended mode and nothing would get it to retract. I have always treated the camera delicately, and when I first got it I even applied a 3M plastic sheet over the LCD to avoid scratches. The covering is really for a Palm Pilot, so I used two pieces and there is a line showing where they are joined. Should I want to remove it, gentle pulling is enough, since there is no glue involved.

OK, so I went to the web and mailed in the camera which should have had a 1 year warranty. I specifically mentioned that I had the film over the LCD screen, and thay I would like it to be left on. A few days later, I got an email estimate of over $115 saying that I had a cracked LCD screen. I suppose that would have been an excuse to void my warranty. Either they had a technician totally blind or illiterate, because had he/she read my instructions they would have know that it was not an LCD crack but just a plastic sheet cover.

This started numerous phone calls on my part. Basically they told me that the first evaluation would have to be reviewed by a supervisor and that it would be done in 24 hours. Many days later, there still was no supervisor review. I finallyemailedthem that I would be filing a complaint with the New Jersey Attorney General and I would contact directly John B. Clough, the head of Casio USA. Magically the LCD crack healed itself and my camera's repair was under warranty! After 20 days and a lot of frustration I have the camera back and it works, at least for now...
Frustrated is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jul 5, 2006, 7:30 AM   #2

haha that was an interesting read!

i like how you handled yourself lol
dilmah is offline   Reply With Quote