Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Close-ups

Old Oct 4, 2006, 6:17 AM   #1

Took my flash off the body and threw some light onto these guys. I think they came up OK. I really love butterflies and wish I lived in an area where we had a good variety of them.
Attached Images

Mountain Hawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Oct 4, 2006, 6:18 AM   #2

I didn't get as tight with this one but I like the composition.
Attached Images

Old Oct 4, 2006, 11:07 PM   #3

Two nice shots! I like the 1st one the best..

Well, where I am, we have plenty of butterflies. Its great spending the day chasing them around with the camera.. But even more fun if your seriously into butterflies, is going to one of the butterfly gardens they have around here. We are talking 1000's of butterflies all inclosed with plenty of great photo ops avaible.. I have spent a;ready this year 5 trips to the butterfly gardens with my wife. Since she is just getting into photography, she loves going and shoots more pictures then I do.

Just a side note, here now, the butterflies are leaving and headed south for the winter. This evening, which I thought was great to see, I saw about 50 monarch butterflies all swarmed together flying acroos a nice field. They actually looked like a flock of birds!! To bad, silly me, didnt have the camera since I was wlking the dog

::cheers::
Tat2dGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 5, 2006, 9:41 PM   #4

Thanks for the reply Tat. I once saw a doco on the Monarchs and was truly amased at the quantity of butterflies that emerged at the same time andeven more suprised when Ifound out how far they travel. Would have been a great sight to see.

When you can get up close with a Macro you discover just how beautiful they really are.