Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Close-ups

Old Apr 14, 2007, 10:32 AM   #1

Here are two more shots from the other day. Thanks for looking.
Steve

Number 2

smac is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Apr 14, 2007, 12:25 PM   #2

Location: Northeast Passage 10; Gothenburg, Sweden, Northern Europe, Planet Earth, Outskirts of Milky Way, Uni

Well, hardly any risk for inbreeding. Great series. As a young boy I used to count the dots

/T
Torgny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 14, 2007, 1:44 PM   #3

Torgny wrote:
Quote:
Well, hardly any risk for inbreeding. Great series. As a young boy I used to count the dots

/T
Thank you Torgny, I am intrigued by your comments. Please elaborate. I want to know more.:G Is there a relationship between number of spots and inbreeding?
Curious.
Steve
smac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 14, 2007, 2:29 PM   #4

Location: Northeast Passage 10; Gothenburg, Sweden, Northern Europe, Planet Earth, Outskirts of Milky Way, Uni

Oh, as you know there ia a great number of ladybug species. Often they can be be differentiated by the number of dots.

Oh, deep water (smile) I cannot pursue (persue?) this line any longer, other than say that the position of the ladybug in the second picture is somewhat...

In my language ladybugs are called "nyckelpiga" which means "maiden with keys" (don´t know why but I can find out) - great name. Folklore: It means luck if a ladybug lands on /walks on your skin. You should let it do that for a while and then make it fly away and say: "Ladybug, ladybug, fly, fly, fly. Fly to warmer countries" Then you can wish something to happen. And your wish will come true

Did you know the have their "own" lifestock that they continue milking (aphids; greenflies)

Ladybugs are great co-inhabitants of this planet, superior to humans in the way that they, like other insects, have their "skeleton" as a shield on the outside rather than as a "stabilizer"(?) inside

Thanks for your pictures

/T
Torgny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 17, 2007, 2:23 PM   #5

nice shots

Harmonia axyridis, the Asian lady beetle, a large orange lady beetle that may or may not have spots. The segment over the head is white with a black ‘M.'In the fall, aggregations of Asian lady beetles find their way into homes. The beetles are a nuisance and can ruin rugs and other furniture with their secretions. Fortunately they do not breed or feed inside the home. For complete information on managing Asian lady beetle problems in the home, See ENTFACT-416, ‘Asian Lady Beetle Infestation of Structures ‘
Old May 10, 2007, 2:41 PM   #6

I like #2 best
matthew2000tx is offline   Reply With Quote