Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Close-ups

Old May 21, 2007, 4:14 AM   #1

Camera = Nikon D80

Lens = Nikkor Micro 60mm f/2.8D

Location = Dirty window in the shed

I bought the lens the day before and decided to try it out so I went walkabouts out in the backyard and into the shed. I snapped shots of almost anything that crawled or moved including some of a funny little spider which didn't seemed to be that amused by my apparent intrusion into his daily rounds. Then just as I was about to head back inside, from the shed, in flew a tiny little fly, no mre than about 5-6mm (1/4 inch) in length which landed infront of me on the dirty window and seemed to dare me to get up close and nasty, so I obliged. It turned out to be the best of the lot.

Oh... I thought I'd try to get one of those "Mosquito bites the mans arm" shots that we see in books and on TV from time to time... I saw it land on me and begin to sink its boring apparatus into my arm so I quickly (actually, quite slowly) grabbed the camera and lined up, only temptation and fate got the better of me. Ibegan to feel that thing drilling into my flesh and completely forgot where I was and what I was trying to accomplish, so I put the camera down and took my revenge. Squishedit.. Geez I hate those things... Oh well, I'll try to control myself a little more next time...

It's a pity I had to resize the pic to get it down to the allowed 250kb. Kind of makes it look ordinary and undetailed (is there such a word?)...
Attached Images

fewpics is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old May 21, 2007, 8:07 AM   #2

Neat image,

mcliu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 26, 2007, 6:41 AM   #3

Neat shot, I tried an edit on that, hope you dont mind

Attached Images

musket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 26, 2007, 6:52 AM   #4

Second version with more colour added

Attached Images

musket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 28, 2007, 4:17 PM   #5

No problems here...

I am only just getting into some degree of editing shots. Use PShop 10.0 CS3... Very heavy going. I used PSshop way back, version 2 or 3 on dowloaded images, years ago. Sure has come a long way since then, so have digital cameras...
fewpics is offline   Reply With Quote