Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Close-ups

Old Aug 14, 2003, 9:14 AM   #1
AK

Default good macro and wildlife camera?

Hi all,

*note* I posted this in the general Q&A forum and the close ups forum, it's exactly the same, I just wasn't sure where to post it! I'm a post hog!

I'm a new member, so i'm not sure if I've posted this in the right forum... If I haven't someone tell me Oh, I"ll post it in the wildlife forum as well, it's kinda to do with wildlife..

Okay, I primarily do photography on invertebrates, and to a lesser extent 'larger' animals (such as possums, etc etc), as well as general landscape photos.

I currently have an Olympus C3020Z, which is a good overall camera. BUT, it's just not good enough for macro shots....

Does anyone have any recommendations for a camera with good image quality and good macro?

To make things more difficult, the 3x optical zoom was just not enough in most cases for my shots.

As I keep searching, it gets harder and harder to find an 'ideal' camera. Methinks a compromise is a must!

The Fujifilm FinePix S7000 Z has caught my eye, but there don't seem to be any reviews around yet. Does anyone know anything about this camera?

I've been reading up on the problems with higher megapixels (slower loading, slower autofocussing, etc). Are these true? Also are there any problems with the cameras with higher optical zooms (ie >3 or 4x)?

Any help would be very very much appreciated!

thanks,

AK

p.s. please excuse the lengthy post! ops:
AK is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links