Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Close-ups

Old Sep 15, 2007, 4:02 PM   #1

kind of a dull, overcast day, but i just had to get out and try my new toy! these would be better with decent light, of course, but even so, i can tell i'm gonna like this camera...

squirl033 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Sep 16, 2007, 7:24 PM   #2

Location: Northeast Passage 10; Gothenburg, Sweden, Northern Europe, Planet Earth, Outskirts of Milky Way, Uni

squirl033 wrote:
Quote:
kind of a dull, overcast day, but i just had to get out and try my new toy! these would be better with decent light, of course, but even so, i can tell i'm gonna like this camera...

Wonderful pictures. I´ll pic up one too. How is the live view LCD for close up photo?

/T

Torgny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 16, 2007, 7:57 PM   #3

Torgny wrote:
Quote:

squirl033 wrote:
Quote:
Wonderful pictures. I´ll pic up one too. How is the live view LCD for close up photo?

/T
Dunno... i haven't used it yet. i probably won't make much use of it at all, actually, except for specialized situations like night shots, which i shoot rarely, or maybe indoor tripod shots. for everything else, i use the viewfinder.
squirl033 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 18, 2007, 4:00 AM   #4

Great shots from the 40D........................musket
musket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 20, 2007, 7:42 PM   #5

Great shots.....my 40D arrives on this coming Monday and I CAN'T WAIT.......

"Thanks for sharing and giving the grand preview.

Mandy
jeephotog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 22, 2007, 4:55 AM   #6

Hi Squirl,

Hey, great photos. Well done with the new 40D... though I'm quite sure you could've done the same with your previous camera too.

I particularly like the 2nd photo... colours and the "curve" are just brilliant!

the only small/minor improvement I could see to it if the 2nd stem (half way in the background, hiding behind the bottom of the stem in focus) wasn't there (if possible I would have held it away before taking the photo.. I just find it somewhat distracting as it's half OOF.... and distracts from an otherwise "clean / clear" image. But that's just my humble opinion, and it's of course subjective.

It's good to be back on Steve's forums after a long time away (for me)... and I'll have to check out more of your splendid photos. By the way, I love your avatar.

Regards...

Paul
pj1974 is offline   Reply With Quote