Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Close-ups

Old Sep 28, 2007, 8:57 PM   #1

took a trip to the local botanical garden this afternoon, to take advantage of a relatively pleasant day... perhaps the last one for a couple of weeks, based on the forecast! anyway, i came away with quite a few shots - here are some samples, all taken with my 40D and Tamron 24-135...

squirl033 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Sep 29, 2007, 6:20 PM   #2

Nice shots - I especially like the flowing water as well as the dof in #3. Good choice of lens for the trip.
penolta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 29, 2007, 11:53 PM   #3

Hi Squirl033,

I love the detail and colour in the first photo. In my experience this type of colour (violet / purple of some flowers) seems to be the hardest for many digital cameras to reproduce (most of the time I've seen my photos or those of others come out either too blue or too red compared to the original). But your first photo seems to capture the colour just as I think it should be (IMHO).

The second photo, to me just doesn't have enough of a focal point or frame to have the same quality as the others (subjective, I know). To me the plant at the top left (with cut off leaves) has the highest contrast and distracts my eye too much from the water. But you've produced a nice smooth flow of water, though.

Third photo... I love the colours and randomness of these flowers (are they related to sunflowers or baby sunflowers or something like that?) It's a rich composition! Actually the flowers reminded me instantly of the first two on this webpage ...
http://www.photozone.de/4Technique/compose/dof.htm

Paul
pj1974 is offline   Reply With Quote