Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Close-ups

Old Sep 13, 2003, 2:06 AM   #1
djb

Default a dragonfly & a flowerfly

yesterday noontime was quite breezy and there were a few dragonflies around that gave me some fair opportunity to get some pics. as well, thursday was a nice day and a flowerfly was all that i thought was okay. i can sure use a lot of help in postprocessing so
any comments are welcome. thanx!!!

dennis

djb is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Sep 13, 2003, 4:06 AM   #2

You obvious have a problem with the lightsources. The eyes in the first shot have two blown highlights and in the second it all left side that's blown out.

But this is really CLOSE almost microscopic!
Klaus DK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 13, 2003, 8:07 PM   #3

Wow, those are pretty close, but overexposed? Your lighting that was around was just way too much or something. Anywho, I love re-editing photographs and see what I can do to them. This is what I ended up with.

This was run through unsharpen mask, then despecaled, small amount of saturation, contrast enhanced and darkened up some. Then ran it through neatimage. I dont know why I enjoy the smooth look to pictures. But thats what I did.
UniSonBBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 15, 2003, 3:05 PM   #4
djb

thanx for the comments and the redone pic looks a bit nicer. Klaus,
there wasn't anything i could do about the dragonfly eyes. the sun was high and reflected off of them. what could i have done to avoid that? as for the 2nd pic, i think the reason it is all washed out is that the flowerfly was brightly backlit. what can be done witht hat situation? one thing i do like about digital photography is that "film" is cheap. does nayone know on average how many shots it takes to get a few really good ones? i think i have been averaging about a 10:1 ratio (bad/good). thanx again!!!

dennis
djb is offline   Reply With Quote