Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Close-ups

Old Jun 1, 2008, 7:35 PM   #1

Early evening light. Canon 100mm lens, mirror lockup, tripod mounted and used shutter release.

Thanks for looking and please leave a comment if you like it or have any constructive criticism.

~Mandy
Attached Images

jeephotog is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jun 1, 2008, 10:43 PM   #2

Nice. They soon willbe attracting things -- aphids, monarchs, milkweed bugs, and other assorted critters that are good to photograph. Coincidentally I logged on topost some Milkweed Bugs tonight.
penolta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 2, 2008, 5:47 AM   #3

penolta wrote:
Quote:
Nice. They soon willbe attracting things -- aphids, monarchs, milkweed bugs, and other assorted critters that are good to photograph. Coincidentally I logged on topost some Milkweed Bugs tonight.
Thanks penolta....can't wait either. Too funny that we are posting similar things. Thanks for stopping by.
Old Jun 2, 2008, 5:59 AM   #4

jeephotog wrote:
Quote:
Early evening light. Canon 100mm lens, mirror lockup, tripod mounted and used shutter release.

Thanks for looking and please leave a comment if you like it or have any constructive criticism.

~Mandy
The two clusters both took the upper and lower parts of the one-third positions of the picture, becoming the centre of attraction of this shot. The green and outfocusedbokehfurther stacks up the importance of the two clusters. More importantly, the color of the petalsis just appealing, blending perfectlywith the other colors in the frame. Should have been more appealingif the framehad been larger in size.
wk7leung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 2, 2008, 1:09 PM   #5

wk7leung wrote:
Quote:
jeephotog wrote:
Quote:

~Mandy
The two clusters both took the upper and lower parts of the one-third positions of the picture, becoming the centre of attraction of this shot. The green and outfocusedbokehfurther stacks up the importance of the two clusters. More importantly, the color of the petalsis just appealing, blending perfectlywith the other colors in the frame. Should have been more appealingif the framehad been larger in size.
I have it with more background but thought the greens overpowered it. But it is the soft pastels that drew me in. Thanks for your great critique......I learn from them.