Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Close-ups

Old Jun 10, 2008, 1:46 PM   #21

Location: Northeast Passage 10; Gothenburg, Sweden, Northern Europe, Planet Earth, Outskirts of Milky Way, Uni

penolta wrote:
Quote:
The ladybird on the clover is really outstanding - worthy of framing. The combination of colors is just right.
Thank you very much, penolta. Yes, I think the colours are accurate

Torgny

Torgny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 10, 2008, 2:09 PM   #22

Location: Northeast Passage 10; Gothenburg, Sweden, Northern Europe, Planet Earth, Outskirts of Milky Way, Uni

musket wrote:
Quote:
Why pay an arm and a leg for a dslr lens

little fuji's get it right at a fraction of the cost

great closeup shots..........................musket.
Thank you, musket. Shallow DOF is "a la mode" (The bokeh neurosis, as Sigmund puts it) If you want to show small landscape, wich is more exciting, cameras with small sensors make it easier

Torgny
Old Jun 15, 2008, 6:36 AM   #23

Torgny wrote:
Quote:
Fuji currently offers the best professional APS-C camera, the S5 Pro. The dynamic range is much better than any other camera. If I remember, You've got a D200 with Nikkor lenses.
Well, the S5 Pro is another house for your lenses. If I had Nikon gear, I'd immediately buy a S5 Pro. The .jpeg files are great and you don't have to worry about blown highlights or loss of detail in shadows. Instant HDR. They come at a very attractive price
That camera makes me want to change
Anyhow, thanks
Torgny
Though a Nikonian, I like Canon's gears more. Undeniably, the S5 Pro's super CCD is irresistable but I think focusing is way too slow compared to Nikon and Canon's. I like Canon because its CCD development,speed with focusing, the oneness in design concepts down the line of its productsand the repertoire of lenses and accessories are beyond the reach of other manufacturers. I have seen guys using the 20D for years and its noise control was so outstanding that it took other manufacturers years to comecloser to her.

Iam still using Nikon because my wifegave up the hobby of photography and passed the gears to me totake care of.Before that, I used Olympus, e.g. OM1n, 2n, 3, 3Ti, 4 and 4Ti. They were well handicrafted gears and as the digital era took landing in the turn of the century, I sold out all the OM gears. Thus far, I still like OM3Ti and 4Ti best cos their spot metering functions just did magic for me in those days. I should have kept the 3Ti in memory of my journal withOlympus. Perhaps, this is what many a photographer can't withheld from doing: unsympathetically throwing away andpassionately refilling the void so created.
wk7leung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 15, 2008, 6:57 AM   #24

Torgny wrote:
Quote:

musket wrote:
Quote:

Thank you, musket. Shallow DOF is "a la mode" (The bokeh neurosis, as Sigmund puts it) If you want to show small landscape, wich is more exciting, cameras with small sensors make it easier

Torgny
I like the deep DOF of the prosumer. The DSLR's is too shallow and much closing down on the aperture is needed to get more details. I have Konica Minolta's A2. The G2 lens is great and its macro is basically at the focal length of 200mm and itcan go down a little bit to 180mm something. When a Canon 500D magnifier glass is attached, the magification is much enhanced. Here is a shot I took with this A2. The details are astonishing.

The following is much shallower and was taken with a D200 and a Tamron 180mm.

wk7leung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 19, 2008, 10:34 AM   #25

Real nice work Torgny. I'm surprised with the macro capabilities of your camera.
Macnite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 23, 2008, 3:13 PM   #26

wk7leung wrote:

Quote:
Torgny wrote:
Quote:

musket wrote:
Quote:

Torgny
I like the deep DOF of the prosumer. The DSLR's is too shallow and much closing down on the aperture is needed to get more details. I have Konica Minolta's A2. The G2 lens is great and its macro is basically at the focal length of 200mm and itcan go down a little bit to 180mm something. When a Canon 500D magnifier glass is attached, the magification is much enhanced. Here is a shot I took with this A2. The details are astonishing.

The following is much shallower and was taken with a D200 and a Tamron 180mm.

But this is a real beauty. Thanks. Suppose both shallow DOF and less shallow have their charm

/T

Old Jun 23, 2008, 3:15 PM   #27

Macnite wrote:

Quote:
Real nice work Torgny. I'm surprised with the macro capabilities of your camera.
Thanks. The wonderful butterfly photos you have presented lately wouldn't be possible

/T