Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Close-ups

Old Oct 9, 2003, 1:49 AM   #1

Default Looking for Raynox DCR-250/150 comments...

I'm looking for people who own either the Raynox DCR-250 or DCR-150 macro lenses to tell me what they think of it/them. So far I've tried closeup diopters, reversing an SLR lens, and I haven't been happy with the results. I'd like to get one of the Raynox macro converters but no store has them in stock, they're all special order with no returns allowed.

I've seen the sample pages on Raynox's site, but it doesn't tell the whole story.

So, I'd like to hear your experiences in using either of the above two lenses, softness, vignetting, etc.

Just to let you know I'll be using it with an Olympus C-700 with a 55mm diameter 38-380mm lens.

Thanks in advance.
Mike_PEAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Nov 10, 2003, 2:26 AM   #2

hey Mike, I bought a Raynox DCR 250 Macro lens for my C740, but I'll get my hands on it within two days when it arrives. I'll send you my comments on it right after the tests.

Cheers
DriniS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 10, 2003, 2:42 AM   #3

Thanks in advance. Meanwhile, here's some pics I got with my closeup (diopter) set, http://www.photobucket.com/albums/08...fellh/closeup/
Mike_PEAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 12, 2003, 4:43 AM   #4

Got the DCR250 and did some tests, and it improves the macro view in the macro mode of the C740 which allows zooming. There's vignetting when in wide angle but everyone wants to zoom macro so this is not a problem. It works fine even in super macro mode, but less than 3 cm distance, rather buy a microscop hehe

Got 8 other lenses for other purposes, but this one rules out. Now all I have to do is order a tcon17.

P.S. If you need pictures to compare, let me know.

Cheers
DriniS is offline   Reply With Quote