Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Close-ups

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Feb 28, 2010, 9:28 AM   #11
Senior Member
 
AaronB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: California
Posts: 105
Default

In my limited experience, I also find myself instinctively going for a dark background but this picture just stirred that bucket. The white really does lend itself to a pure or clean look...I'm definitely going to have to try some white. Well done.
AaronB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 28, 2010, 10:29 AM   #12
Senior Member
 
Eetu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Jyväskylä, Finland
Posts: 2,212
Default

By the way, when I mentioned darker, I thought just a "tad" darker... I like the "clean" too... I live in jok'n Finland where "minimal" and "clean" and lots of white are the order of the day... I was sort of wondering outloud (with my suggestion) so that I could see more of white petals... This is just such a beautiful picture. Really is.

Ned
Eetu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 28, 2010, 11:28 AM   #13
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Ontario, Canada
Posts: 358
Default

I like the simplicity of the picture. The beauty of the daisy appears fresh against the white background. I wouldn't have thought of white but it really works, I think. It's like looking at Summer in a photo

Nice work!
Shutterbug74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 28, 2010, 5:54 PM   #14
Senior Member
 
jeephotog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: South Central Kansas
Posts: 1,455
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AaronB View Post
In my limited experience, I also find myself instinctively going for a dark background but this picture just stirred that bucket. The white really does lend itself to a pure or clean look...I'm definitely going to have to try some white. Well done.
I think that is alot of our instinct is to go darker to make something "pop". I'm glad I tried the white.
__________________
jeephotog
http://amandasphotocreations.smugmug.com/
jeephotog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 28, 2010, 5:55 PM   #15
Senior Member
 
jeephotog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: South Central Kansas
Posts: 1,455
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eetu View Post
By the way, when I mentioned darker, I thought just a "tad" darker... I like the "clean" too... I live in jok'n Finland where "minimal" and "clean" and lots of white are the order of the day... I was sort of wondering outloud (with my suggestion) so that I could see more of white petals... This is just such a beautiful picture. Really is.

Ned
Hi Ned, Gotcha back here didn't it? to take another look. It's growing on ya huh
__________________
jeephotog
http://amandasphotocreations.smugmug.com/
jeephotog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 28, 2010, 5:56 PM   #16
Senior Member
 
jeephotog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: South Central Kansas
Posts: 1,455
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shutterbug74 View Post
I like the simplicity of the picture. The beauty of the daisy appears fresh against the white background. I wouldn't have thought of white but it really works, I think. It's like looking at Summer in a photo

Nice work!
Thank you for stopping by. I appreciate your thoughts.
__________________
jeephotog
http://amandasphotocreations.smugmug.com/
jeephotog is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:14 AM.