Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Close-ups

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Mar 4, 2010, 9:28 AM   #1
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 3,214
Default Rhododendron and Lavender Sorrel

S5 Pro + AFD 105mm Macro Nikkor + Flash

1


2


3
wk7leung is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Mar 4, 2010, 1:47 PM   #2
Super Moderator
 
Hards80's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Cleveland, OH
Posts: 9,046
Default

really like the first shot here. nice dof and colors.

the 2nd two shots look a little underexposed, lacking some "pop"
Hards80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 5, 2010, 10:35 AM   #3
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 3,214
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hards80 View Post
really like the first shot here. nice dof and colors.

the 2nd two shots look a little underexposed, lacking some "pop"
Thanks for the comments. Would like to know what some 'pop' means here.
Pete
wk7leung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 5, 2010, 10:38 AM   #4
Super Moderator
 
Hards80's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Cleveland, OH
Posts: 9,046
Default

sorry pete.

i just meant they are a little underexposed. so they appear a little bit dull and lifeless. if they were a little brighter they would stand out more. sorry to use slang like that.
Hards80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 5, 2010, 10:42 AM   #5
Senior Member
 
Wonger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Posts: 110
Default

I upped the exposure and saturation in the second photo and added a little sharpness. I think it adds to the photo a little.

Wonger
Attached Images
 
Wonger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 5, 2010, 10:34 PM   #6
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 3,214
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hards80 View Post
sorry pete.

i just meant they are a little underexposed. so they appear a little bit dull and lifeless. if they were a little brighter they would stand out more. sorry to use slang like that.
It's okay and thanks for the explanation ... it is very kind of you. Pete
wk7leung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 5, 2010, 10:36 PM   #7
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 3,214
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wonger View Post
I upped the exposure and saturation in the second photo and added a little sharpness. I think it adds to the photo a little.

Wonger
It helps, Wonger, ... has become more vivid and lively. Pete
wk7leung is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 9:48 AM.