Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Close-ups

Old Mar 26, 2010, 2:04 PM   #1

Default Close up flowers with N95

Hi again,

I was at my mother-in-law's... she had some beautiful flowers... Whilst she was not looking, I quickly balanced on a piece of furniture in the sunlight. I used the settings on my mobile phone to do close-up... messed around with other settings... and here is what I got. Note that the tips are white, but with sun... they are very bright. Anyway, I adjusted the camera settings on the N95 and managed to get a nice black background... mind you, this is in midafternoon... but I am chuffed to bits that background came out the way I wanted it. Sorry for the quality of the picture, but hope you like it anyway. Also, to the right is the original photo... you can see where I removed a couple of things from the background... but somehow, I am not happy with the graininess of picture on the left. Ned
Attached Images

Last edited by Eetu; Mar 26, 2010 at 3:07 PM. Reason: Wanted to add orginal photo without alterations
Eetu is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Mar 26, 2010, 3:05 PM   #2

Some new magic from Eetu! What a capable phone you have and how well you drive it. I was lurking at the specs and found it has 5 megapixels and lots of settings. Oh my...
Ordo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 26, 2010, 3:10 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ordo View Post
Some new magic from Eetu! What a capable phone you have and how well you drive it. I was lurking at the specs and found it has 5 megapixels and lots of settings. Oh my...
Ordo, where've you been. Thanks. Yeah, this is a neat phone... but would you believe that LG at 8 mp... Anyway, the N95 has a lot of landscape, portrait, close-up, etc features, and you can set the ISO, sharpness, contrast and exposure compensation. Take care! Ned
Old Mar 26, 2010, 3:53 PM   #4

that nokia well in fact no ..... you have produced some great shots here with a camera phone...... welldone mate
Old Mar 26, 2010, 4:30 PM   #5

Oi, simple, cheers for that... Just can't wait til I get my new DSLR... Wish I were back in Plymouth, Dartmoor was only 12 miles from house... love to get a lot of pictures there. Anyway, with this Nokia phone camera, I was really chuffed to bits that I could mess about with the settings and get a pretty dark background... even though there was so much sunlight... I only had about five minutes to monkey around. Cheers and all the best! Ned
Old Mar 27, 2010, 2:24 AM   #6

ive just got back from a wedding in exmouth it rained all week so at the minute your not missing much what dslr are you opting for?
Old Mar 27, 2010, 2:43 AM   #7

Canon 7D is just to expensive, I have been looking at the Pentax K7 or the Canon 550D. Oi, it always rains in Devon... just would like to do some serious nhots with the nes DSLR as I move from film to digital. Thanks! and all the best. Ned
Old Mar 27, 2010, 3:27 AM   #8
Super Moderator

You really make that phone work well for you and sure you are going to love having a dSLR!

You lived in Plymouth? I lived there all my life until Feb this year when I moved to Egypt!
Mark1616 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 27, 2010, 6:01 AM   #9

Once again, due to the circumstance, using a phone camera, it´s amasing what you can do with that phone.
Best regards/Daniel
DSProtection is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 27, 2010, 6:11 AM   #10

Hello, Mark! Wow, you're a native Plymouthian. I lived in Plympton, just take the road up and it isn't too long until you're in Dartmoor. Thanks for your kind post. Ned