Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Close-ups

Old May 2, 2010, 4:36 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by maggo85 View Post
...I just need to add the "nifty fifty" (50mm f1.8) to my collection and I'm totally satisfied
WHAT???

No Canon 10-22mm f/3.5-4.5 USM wideangle-zoom in your photo-bag? Or better still, a Tokina 9-11mm f/2,8 ?

Come one, Markus. You will need one for your NYC-trip in August, to get that big city onto your 450D's sensor!

...and I hear the Canon EF 85mm f/1.8 USM is a very nice portrait-lens with wonderful shallow bokhey , and..... .....

Walter_S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 2, 2010, 4:39 PM   #12

Maggo,

Spend the extra money and go with the ef 50mm 1.4 USM. It really is allot better lens. I was not convince till I finally pull the trigger on it and got the lens. My destruction thread were all taken with the 50mm 1.4. The 1.8 would not have focus fast enough to capture some of those shots.

My pet project distraction

Last edited by shoturtle; May 2, 2010 at 4:41 PM.
shoturtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 2, 2010, 4:40 PM   #13

Yes Walter the 85 1.8 is a very nice portrait lens.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walter_S View Post
WHAT???

No Canon 10-22mm f/3.5-4.5 USM wideangle-zoom in your photo-bag? Or better still, a Tokina 9-11mm f/2,8 ?

Come one, Markus. You will need one for your NYC-trip in August, to get that big city onto your 450D's sensor!

...and I hear the Canon EF 85mm f/1.8 USM is a very nice portrait-lens with wonderful shallow bokhey , and..... .....

Old May 2, 2010, 7:35 PM   #14

Location: Northeast Passage 10; Gothenburg, Sweden, Northern Europe, Planet Earth, Outskirts of Milky Way, Uni

[QUOTE=maggo85;1087609]These are my first tries shooting flowers and my first tries shooting animals on flowers

All these are done with the 55-250 IS - hope you like them!

QUOTE]

Markus,

Yes, indeed, they are very likeable. Number three, to me , has the most appealing composition

//T

"Every man", he says thoughtfully, "should pull a boat over a mountain once in his life". And then, once again, he laughs at himself. (About Werner Herzog) TTL Photography (True To Life Pictures) My Zenfolio Photo site is at http://torgnydellsen.zenfolio.com/

The pictures are optimized for slideshows. The slideshow button is at the upper right. Please use your loudspeakers. There is some music, progressive music from the seventies in the different galleries.
Allagerillagallallerilly!

Torgny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 2, 2010, 7:41 PM   #15

Location: Northeast Passage 10; Gothenburg, Sweden, Northern Europe, Planet Earth, Outskirts of Milky Way, Uni

Quote:
Originally Posted by maggo85 View Post

Every C&C is very welcome - doesn't matter if good or bad, because I'm here to learn something form all you great photogs

Hi again, Markus,

The number seven has a powerful diagonal. Great composition, I think. It's even possible with a portrait orientation

//T
Attached Images

"Every man", he says thoughtfully, "should pull a boat over a mountain once in his life". And then, once again, he laughs at himself. (About Werner Herzog) TTL Photography (True To Life Pictures) My Zenfolio Photo site is at http://torgnydellsen.zenfolio.com/

The pictures are optimized for slideshows. The slideshow button is at the upper right. Please use your loudspeakers. There is some music, progressive music from the seventies in the different galleries.
Allagerillagallallerilly!

Last edited by Torgny; May 2, 2010 at 7:55 PM.
Torgny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 3, 2010, 1:02 AM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walter_S View Post
WHAT???

Quote:
Originally Posted by shoturtle View Post
Maggo,

Spend the extra money and go with the ef 50mm 1.4 USM. It really is allot better lens. I was not convince till I finally pull the trigger on it and got the lens. My destruction thread were all taken with the 50mm 1.4. The 1.8 would not have focus fast enough to capture some of those shots.

My pet project distraction
Quote:
Originally Posted by shoturtle View Post
Yes Walter the 85 1.8 is a very nice portrait lens.
Walter - if you send me the money for a decent wideangle lens I could add one to my collection... and shoturtle, maybe you'd like to spent the 350 on the 50/1.4.... would that be OK for you guys?

No, just kidding... these lenses would be amazing to have, but of course I'm on a budget

2 x EOS 6D | 24/1.4 ART | 35/1.4 ART | 50/1.4 | 85/1.8 | 135/2L
maggo85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 3, 2010, 1:03 AM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torgny View Post
Markus,

Yes, indeed, they are very likeable. Number three, to me , has the most appealing composition

//T
Quote:
Originally Posted by Torgny View Post
Hi again, Markus,

The number seven has a powerful diagonal. Great composition, I think. It's even possible with a portrait orientation

//T
Hey Torgny, thank you for your kind comments - glad you like them! And thanks a lot for your cropping suggestion for #7 - I really like the way it looks in portrait format!

Old May 28, 2010, 3:39 PM   #18

A few days ago my wife planted some nice dahlias in our garden - a red and a yellow one. So I decided to catch my cam and take a shot...

This little fellow took a bath in the sun at the same meadow I shot the dandelion I've posted recently... all done with the 55-250.

C&C welcome!

Last edited by maggo85; May 29, 2010 at 4:48 AM.
Old May 28, 2010, 8:53 PM   #19

Markus, these are all so nice I can't single one out, but as a group, I love the bugs. They seem to pay us little mind as they go about their business and we ours. That lens, in your hands has rendered some fine works of art. Keep it up!

My Flickr
-Robert-

Hawgwild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 29, 2010, 3:32 AM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldwinger View Post
Very Nice, Maggo!
I started making mental notes as I scrolled down the post and this is what I got...
#1 I really like,
#3 is awesome,
the rest of them blew me away! I didn't think you could get that kind of detail on a macro zoom. Great job. Maggo, keep it up.
these two made me say OMG! too pin sharp and stunning