Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Close-ups

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Apr 30, 2010, 3:01 PM   #1
Senior Member
 
maggo85's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Arzl im Pitztal/Austria/Europe
Posts: 1,135
Default Spring Is Here!

These are my first tries shooting flowers and my first tries shooting animals on flowers

All these are done with the 55-250 IS - hope you like them!

#1



#2



#3



#4



#5

__________________
Markus Rimml Photography | Facebook | Twitter

2 x EOS 6D | 24/1.4 ART | 35/1.4 ART | 50/1.4 | 85/1.8 | 135/2L
maggo85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Apr 30, 2010, 3:03 PM   #2
Senior Member
 
maggo85's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Arzl im Pitztal/Austria/Europe
Posts: 1,135
Default

#6



#7



#8



#9



#10



Every C&C is very welcome - doesn't matter if good or bad, because I'm here to learn something form all you great photogs
__________________
Markus Rimml Photography | Facebook | Twitter

2 x EOS 6D | 24/1.4 ART | 35/1.4 ART | 50/1.4 | 85/1.8 | 135/2L

Last edited by maggo85; Apr 30, 2010 at 3:13 PM.
maggo85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 30, 2010, 3:11 PM   #3
Senior Member
 
shoturtle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Frankfurt AM
Posts: 11,348
Default

Very sharp love the bee shots. Very good uses of the shallow dof. Nicely done.
__________________
Super Frequent Flyer, no joke. Ex Patriot and loving it.
Canon Eos 60D, T1i/500D, Eos1, Eos 630, Olympus EPL-1, and a part time Pentax K-X shooter.

Last edited by shoturtle; May 1, 2010 at 1:12 PM.
shoturtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 30, 2010, 7:09 PM   #4
Senior Member
 
Goldwinger's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Winter Haven, Florida
Posts: 6,515
Default

Very Nice, Maggo!
I started making mental notes as I scrolled down the post and this is what I got...
#1 I really like,
#3 is awesome,
the rest of them blew me away! I didn't think you could get that kind of detail on a macro zoom. Great job. Maggo, keep it up.
__________________
GW

Life's a breeze on a Goldwing...
Goldwinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 1, 2010, 3:15 AM   #5
Senior Member
 
maggo85's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Arzl im Pitztal/Austria/Europe
Posts: 1,135
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by shoturtle View Post
Very sharp love the bee shops. Very good uses of the shallow dof. Nicely done.
Hey shoturtle, thanks for stopping by and taking the time to comment - really appreciate it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldwinger View Post
Very Nice, Maggo!
I started making mental notes as I scrolled down the post and this is what I got...
#1 I really like,
#3 is awesome,
the rest of them blew me away! I didn't think you could get that kind of detail on a macro zoom. Great job. Maggo, keep it up.
Wow - such kind words form an experienced wildlife shooter are an honor for me! Thank you so much - and I'm glad you liked my first tries
__________________
Markus Rimml Photography | Facebook | Twitter

2 x EOS 6D | 24/1.4 ART | 35/1.4 ART | 50/1.4 | 85/1.8 | 135/2L
maggo85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 1, 2010, 9:12 AM   #6
Senior Member
 
gjtoth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Louisville, KY, USA
Posts: 6,931
Default

I can only echo GW on these. Marvelous images!
__________________
Gary ---- "The best camera is the one you have with you."
<><~~~~~~~~~~~
Pentax K-70 ~ Panasonic FZ1000
My Gallery

--
Hebrews 13:3
gjtoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 1, 2010, 1:04 PM   #7
Super Moderator
 
Hards80's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Cleveland, OH
Posts: 9,046
Default

Hey Markus,

these are really nice. i think overall your compositions are pleasing and your backgrounds are smooth.

#1 is my favorite here. i like the use of the rule of 1/3 for the comp and the background is smooth and not-distracting. the flower is sharp and contrasts nicely with the brown.

#2 this one is nice as well, but the hot spot on the flower is distracting. and the background is not as smooth, there are a few bright spots.

#3 is nice. the background isnt as smooth, but it works on this shot because it gives the flower some context.

#4 a little tighter crop i think might help, just not doing as much for me.

#6 this is my favorite of the bee shots. it shows of the body well, and it is nice and sharp.

overall a really nice set. and what a great first try at flowers n bees. i am impressed with the magnfication and sharpness on the 55-250is.
Hards80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 2, 2010, 2:34 PM   #8
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Fredrikstad - Norway / Europe
Posts: 1,953
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by maggo85 View Post
...All these are done with the 55-250 IS - hope you like them!
Indeed I do, Markus!

These are incredible detailed shots of a miniature world that I never see myself. I have no interest or ambition in that direction, but these photos really impress me - a lot!

You have found a nice way of presenting us these pictures, your backgrounds are, for most of them, very smooth and not distracting. Very delicate bokeh on some of them. In short - I am impressed, Markus! Well done.


This macro-lens you have there, is this the same 55-250mm that sometimes comes with the double-kit for the 500D and the 550D?
Are we talking about this one here? --> http://www.photozone.de/canon-eos/19...report--review




BTW, they are all good, but if I had to pick, I would make #6 - # 1 and # 3 my choice - in that order.
:^)
Walter_S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 2, 2010, 3:32 PM   #9
Senior Member
 
maggo85's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Arzl im Pitztal/Austria/Europe
Posts: 1,135
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gjtoth View Post
I can only echo GW on these. Marvelous images!
Thanks a lot for your comment Gary!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hards80 View Post
Hey Markus,

these are really nice. i think overall your compositions are pleasing and your backgrounds are smooth.

#1 is my favorite here. i like the use of the rule of 1/3 for the comp and the background is smooth and not-distracting. the flower is sharp and contrasts nicely with the brown.

#2 this one is nice as well, but the hot spot on the flower is distracting. and the background is not as smooth, there are a few bright spots.

#3 is nice. the background isnt as smooth, but it works on this shot because it gives the flower some context.

#4 a little tighter crop i think might help, just not doing as much for me.

#6 this is my favorite of the bee shots. it shows of the body well, and it is nice and sharp.

overall a really nice set. and what a great first try at flowers n bees. i am impressed with the magnfication and sharpness on the 55-250is.
Wow, now that is a detailed comment - thank you Dustin... nice to read the honest opinion of such a great photog

BTW, #6 is my absolute favorite too.. had a lot of luck with this one
__________________
Markus Rimml Photography | Facebook | Twitter

2 x EOS 6D | 24/1.4 ART | 35/1.4 ART | 50/1.4 | 85/1.8 | 135/2L
maggo85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 2, 2010, 3:37 PM   #10
Senior Member
 
maggo85's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Arzl im Pitztal/Austria/Europe
Posts: 1,135
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walter_S View Post
Indeed I do, Markus!

These are incredible detailed shots of a miniature world that I never see myself. I have no interest or ambition in that direction, but these photos really impress me - a lot!

You have found a nice way of presenting us these pictures, your backgrounds are, for most of them, very smooth and not distracting. Very delicate bokeh on some of them. In short - I am impressed, Markus! Well done.


This macro-lens you have there, is this the same 55-250mm that sometimes comes with the double-kit for the 500D and the 550D?
Are we talking about this one here? --> http://www.photozone.de/canon-eos/19...report--review




BTW, they are all good, but if I had to pick, I would make #6 - # 1 and # 3 my choice - in that order.
:^)
First of all I want to thank you for taking the time to write such a long comment - I really appreciate it! I thought these flowers are so beautiful, I gotta give that "close up" thing a try

BTW, you're right with the lens - but it is no special macro lens - it's the "standard" telezoom that comes with many kits in combination with the 18-55 IS... but both lenses are really good... a great "bang for the buck"

I just need to add the "nifty fifty" (50mm f1.8) to my collection and I'm totally satisfied
__________________
Markus Rimml Photography | Facebook | Twitter

2 x EOS 6D | 24/1.4 ART | 35/1.4 ART | 50/1.4 | 85/1.8 | 135/2L
maggo85 is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:45 PM.