Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Close-ups

Old Jun 28, 2010, 2:31 PM   #1

Default Cob web Spider (presume common house spider (UK))

only 1 pic, as the majority are all simliar. only group of pics taken with my latest lens. An old manual sigma macro 50mm 2.8 lense. Taken at 1:1 but with a close up attachement. cant remember the actual once used tho. iso200 at 1/60 (i think lol)
If the rest of my macro pics come out like this pic does, then im pretty pleased with the lens

jasonholland89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jun 28, 2010, 11:41 PM   #2

a 50 mm with a add on came out quite good i recomend the raynox 250 and yeah it is a common house spider
Old Jun 29, 2010, 11:59 AM   #3

think it was a +4 macro filter. something like that. not a great deal more either way. and yeh i have been looking at them. def something to get for the future
Old Jun 29, 2010, 1:26 PM   #4

i have one jason they will blow your others away for easyness and quality , i did a common house spider with a raynox and a 90 mm macro
Old Jun 29, 2010, 3:18 PM   #5

well i will get one eventually lol. one method im trying to perfect at the mo, is a bit crazy, but the magnification is unreal. its a tamron 70-300, full zoomed to 300mm macro, then a 24mm wide angle lens reversed on the front. its hard to hold, and i cant get enough light through handheld at the mo cos i cant sort a flash out. so far tho, ive tested it out on my bed sheets.. wierd i know lol...there made of cotton, and full frame i can get about 20 thread squares on 1 picture. if you get what i mean. also tested it on a cricket and got 2 cricket toes on 1 picture. so need to get that flash out. but at the mo, im happy to practice with this lens. its a great lens for the price i paid, and wil def get a raynox soon
Old Jun 29, 2010, 7:43 PM   #6

Nice shot Jason!
I definitely second Simon's recommendation of the Raynox 250!
I just got one and can't believe the results I get.
BTW, if my calculations are correct. On the sheets,you say you're getting about 20 threads in one frame. I'm not positive but, I'm thinking the sensor on the K-X is about 1 inch, and common thread count on bed sheets generally are between 200- 300 threads per inch. That would mean you magnification would be 10-15:1. Pretty impressive!

Life's a breeze on a Goldwing...
Goldwinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 30, 2010, 11:32 AM   #7

10-15:1. thats pretty cool lol. i better perfect that soon then. gotta get a flash sorted so i can use it. and yeh raynox is def on the agenda. cheers for the comments