Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Close-ups

Old Feb 17, 2011, 10:50 AM   #1

Default Food Photography

Food photography is quite popular and very fun to do, so I decided it deserves its very own thread !

Let's make each other drool !

I'll start...

Sony DT 50mm f/1.8 SAM

Tamron SP AF 17-50mm f/2.8 XR Di-II LD
Tamron SP AF 70-300mm f/4-5.6 Di USD XLD
Marawder is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Feb 17, 2011, 11:33 AM   #2
Administrator

I'll bite, since I just happened to take a snapshot of my [to go] order on the counter at a Subway last weekend before they wrapped it up and bagged it. Subway has foot long subs on sale for $5 right now in this area.

Steak and Cheese on Parmesan Oregano bread (toasted), with lettuce, tomato, pickle, onion, chipolte southwest sauce, mayo, salt and pepper:
Attached Images

JimC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 17, 2011, 11:37 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimC View Post
I'll bite, since I just happened to take a shot of my [to go] order on the counter at a Subway last weekend before they wrapped it up and bagged it. Subway has foot long subs on sale for $5 right now in this area.

Steak and Cheese on Parmesan Oregano bread (toasted), with lettuce, tomato, pickle, onion, chipolte southwest sauce, mayo, salt and pepper:
You're making me hungry Jim, and I just ate

Subway has any footlong sub on sale for $5 for the month of February, and we've been getting lunch there several times a week .

Nice pics by the way. I hope this thread does not get too long, otherwise I'll need a bigger belt (JK of course)
billy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 17, 2011, 12:01 PM   #4
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by billy View Post
Subway has any footlong sub on sale for $5 for the month of February, and we've been getting lunch there several times a week .
Same thing here...$5 for any foot long sub during the month of February (except for a few of the premium offerings with double meat, etc.).

I've eaten there multiple times already this week (but, that's the only photo I've taken there so far).

I had a Chicken Sub of some type last night on Italian Herbs and Cheese (loaded with lots of extra toppings, oil and vinegar, and more). I think my stomach is still getting over it. But, they sure taste great going down. :-)
Old Feb 17, 2011, 12:42 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimC View Post
Same thing here...$5 for any foot long sub during the month of February (except for a few of the premium offerings with double meat, etc.).

I've eaten there multiple times already this week (but, that's the only photo I've taken there so far).

I had a Chicken Sub of some type last night on Italian Herbs and Cheese (loaded with lots of extra toppings, oil and vinegar, and more). I think my stomach is still getting over it. But, they sure taste great going down. :-)
The best Sub they ever had was the Baja Chicken. The sauce was amazing, however they discontinued it for some reason (it's one of those subs that would come around for a while, then disappear, only to return later). I wish they'd bring it back.

Here's a quick snap of my after lunch desert
Name:  kiss.jpg
Views: 453
Size:  44.4 KB
billy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 18, 2011, 10:31 AM   #6

First my comments to the OP. Instead of trying to be too artsy fartsy just try shooting a good shot of a muffin. Both shots having too much out of focus areas for my taste.

Now on to the good stuff. That sub looks incredible. Ive never had a toasted one since that is a trick introduced by Quiznos. Ive written the ingredients down and next time I am going over for a subway Im going to try it. Subway is my favorite fast food. Followed by a good falafel.
Bynx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 19, 2011, 2:15 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bynx View Post
Instead of trying to be too artsy fartsy just try shooting a good shot of a muffin.
LOL, those aren't muffins, but a gastronomic desert !
Sony DT 50mm f/1.8 SAM

Tamron SP AF 17-50mm f/2.8 XR Di-II LD
Tamron SP AF 70-300mm f/4-5.6 Di USD XLD
Marawder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 19, 2011, 4:05 PM   #8

Location: Hebron, Kentucky (northern Kentucky/Greater Cincinnati):KCVG

Nice shot of the foot long Jim...looks like it belongs in a an ad for Subway. I could not see the EXIF--did you use a flash? The lighting looks very natural! Nice detail as well...can see the specks of pepper very well.

Jehan
Wingman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 19, 2011, 4:47 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marawder View Post
LOL, those aren't muffins, but a gastronomic desert !
Looks like the chocolate melting cake served on lots of different cruise lines.
Agree..too much out of focus area. Try cutting one in half and shoot the puddle!!
Ektachrome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 20, 2011, 7:05 AM   #10
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by jelpee View Post
...I could not see the EXIF--did you use a flash?
No Flash. Hand held shot while standing at the Subway counter using a Sony 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 DT SAM lens at 35mm. Aperture Priority at f/11, 1/20 second, ISO 1600, Auto WB. No Post Processing except for cropping and downsizing using the Lanczos algorithm with Irfanview