Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Close-ups

Old Jun 13, 2002, 12:37 AM   #1

Default please help id this flower

I'm so bad with flower names...

Picture was taken just after a summer shower. Used a B+W +4 close-up lens on my E-10, and my LED ring light for illumination in late afternoon

[Edited on 6-13-2002 by marokero]
marokero is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jun 13, 2002, 2:31 PM   #2

Default Pretty Flower

I'm not sure what kind of flower that is (maybe a Daisy?) but it sure looks pretty. The drops of water on the petals makes for great detail.

Thanks for sharing!
Darby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 14, 2002, 6:44 PM   #3

yes, you were right Darby, it is a daisy I should do like in that HP commercial where the wife takes pictures of grocery items and prints them out so her husband knows exactly what he has to get I guess that would work with flowers in my case :P
Old Jul 14, 2002, 11:54 PM   #4

It's a daisy, fer sure. Why is your ID photo so HUGE? Not really a problem for me, but for those unfortunate folks with dial up connections.... whew! Very nice photograph though. Beautifully done!

Willa
Willa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 22, 2002, 1:15 AM   #5

My id picture is not that big... it's only 6K! Should be humble enough in size for slower connections

While I'm at it, here's another flower I kinda forgot what it was called... :lol:

Taken with E-10, no close-up lens, in Planting Fields Arboretum, NY. Some editing in Photoshop to bring out what the photographer saw, not what actually was there :lol:
Old Oct 22, 2002, 6:58 AM   #6

Default Flowers ...

Marokero,

The second flower (and wonderful photo, by the way) is a variety of a tiger lily, I believe. Funny, I have those very same flowers sitting on my kitchen counter right now! Beautiful but a bit too fragrant for my taste.

I was not trying to upset you asking you about your avitar. When I originally pulled up your message, it took up the whole page! It's fine now, so I don't know what happened.

Keep taking flower photos. You are very good at it.

Willa
Willa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 22, 2002, 12:37 PM   #7

Oh no, I wasn't upset, just some humor I think I know what happened... it must have been when I was changing my avatar's image link from a jpg to a gif ops: (replaced the jpg with a larger file). And thanks for helping me id the lilly and for the compliments!
Old Oct 23, 2002, 10:01 AM   #8

I think the second one is a "Star Gazer" lily. My wife has these in her flower garden. AND I just bought her some for a birthday arrangement. I agree that they're a bit heavy on the perfume.

If someone let me know how to post photos in here, I can add a shot I took of one recently. Try this.

http://www.pbase.com/image/6123090/large

Damien*
Epson 3100Z
www.pbase.com/damien
Damien* is offline   Reply With Quote